Trail Ride Thursday 9th Dec

Spout

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thought I'd ride some of the trickier trails in the Peaks before any Christmas excesses could take effect.

Probably NOT suitable for GSes (but, hey, you're welcome to try :D)

If anyone would like to join me (on Donkey Path, Little Mill Inn, Wildboarclough, 3 Shires, Tenterhills, Hollinsclough [see vid below] etc) put your name down.

Meeting at 10.00am Thursday 9th December at Texaco Garage/Somerfield in Marple (junction where A626 heads off to Glossop). Map ref SJ955887. SK6 6DQ. Toilets/food/hot drinks available.

:thumb

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8vYAR5cbL8k&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8vYAR5cbL8k&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Need to check the diary etc. but I'll put my name down Paul, on a Husaberg:)

EDIT!!! just watched the vid, are we going up there again?:blast:D

I`m washing my hair that day but Ive done all those on a GSXR 750 ( with Knobblies) and it was easy.
:thumb2

Im up for it

Can I come and play?

Id like to be in on this, KTM 450, just need to get there, Landrover getting a new gearbox the weekend before so should be ok fingers crossed there is nothing else wrong................................

Don't worry..

:eek: I aint never ever gonna wanna go up there thanks

Last time I did it on the Blackbird was a struggle I tell ya...:augie

I might give this a miss - sounds a bit hardcore for the XC at this time of year... I must start looking again for a pogo to compliment the XC.

Paul

Problem is Hollinslcough doesn't look annything like that at the moment, was there the other day, going down was very slippy, going up - oh boyo that video is a beach in comparison. Went up Tenterhills instead of the usual down and that wasnt so bad.

Do people actaully do Holinsclough on a big GS?

Matr69, that video is not that old y'know..... it was the 22nd June this year.
I can't see the trail changing that much in 5 months.;)

Timpo.

PS. There appears to be a lot of white stuff in the Peak District, according to the BBC News.......:p

Matr69, that video is not that old y'know..... it was the 22nd June this year.
I can't see the trail changing that much in 5 months.;)

Timpo.

PS. There appears to be a lot of white stuff in the Peak District, according to the BBC News.......:p

Timpo I wasn't meaning the structure of the lane itself, was meaning, that when I went last week it was really wet and really muddy and pretty slippy and that was before the snow started, whereas on the video it is all nice and dry with a lot more grip.

I live about 10 miles from Hollinsclough and it has snowed a good deal for the last 3 days and it is quite deep even in our town, so looking up in the peaks it will be a lot deeper and i reckon on many routes it will be a tough ride but and a good challenge for an old pro like you.

I'm going to have to cry off tomorrow I'm afraid. Bit miffed 'cos I've been enjoying playing in the snow on my own and it'd have been a roight larf watching us all sliding around.But, I've been offered an overtime shift at work and really can't afford to turn the money down at the moment. Enjoy, and I'll be thinking about it as I mope around the fire station.

Me too I'm afraid, I can't make it, have fun:thumb

Well those of you who couldn't make it didn't really miss anything :(

A few days of slight thaws and heavy refreezing had left the trails pretty icy, with the minor surfaced roads in the area lethal. Sort of fun and not fun at the same time :nenau

I ventured onto the local trails and then over to Coombes before admitting defeat, heading back home and then taking the HP2 out for a road blast :D

So I'll have to rearrange for sometime over Xmas/new year :thumb

Hi chaps, in case you don't know

Looks like there is a now a new review being held in the next 6 weeks with a proposal of an 18 month closure of Chapelgate.

Anyone interested may respond by January 28 - details are available on http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/chapelgate or call 01629 816200. A decision is expected shortly afterwards in the light of the feedback.

This follows on from the Stannage Edge and Bamford Clough proposals for closure.

The guys who dont like off road vehicles are really upping the ante right now. I hope they don't get too much momentum as we know councils don't have cash to fix the lanes so they will become overgrown and potentially permanent TROs.

Paul you already have seen what has happened to the Donkey track, I was there 3 weeks ago and they had only just started that work by tipping mud down the last bit so you have to go round on the road. I think this work is financed as it does prevent bikes from using that trail.

I might give this a miss - sounds a bit hardcore for the XC at this time of year... I must start looking again for a pogo to compliment the XC.

Paul

a pogo

more like you need to use your xc in the it should be used
:augie

but not yet as cam chain tensior is on the way and your rear shock is awaiting to be fit when service is done
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hu7WkCi859w?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hu7WkCi859w?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
xc at front

Back
Top Bottom