Timbuctou

nick palmer

Anyone interested in going to the music festival in timbuctou in january ? thinking to take a 4+4 to carry the kit as well :confused:

Nick

Go on then, I'll rise to it. Are you REALLY planning a run down there? When are you going, what on / in, what route there and what route back? What will the going be like? What about the bandits?

My contract ends at the end of December and I'm kind of tempted. But only 10% tempted at the moment.

Simon

sorebums said:
Nick

Go on then, I'll rise to it. Are you REALLY planning a run down there? When are you going, what on / in, what route there and what route back? What will the going be like? What about the bandits?

Simon

there's about five days of sand...

I'm supposed to be going - as it's my birthday then and so it will be Tiff's birthday party at Timbuctou.. perhaps a selest guest list this year- hmmm, Tim AND Gerry,we shall see.

as for bandits, Simon, we laugh in the face of bandits:beerjug:

Tiffany C said:

as for bandits, Simon, we laugh in the face of bandits:

Wouldn't know about that - I've never met a bandit. I've met plenty of people with guns and a few with RPGs, but never had a gun pointed at me (except in Manchester!!). I'm just aware that the Paris-Dakar rally often gets held up by dodgy characters in that bottom end of Mauritania - hense the question.

That would be 5 days of sand out and 5 days of sand back?

Do you have any rough idea of the duration of the round trip - as you seem to be a few pages ahead in the planning of the trip?

S

Tiffany C said:
there's about five days of sand...

I'm supposed to be going - as it's my birthday then and so it will be Tiff's birthday party at Timbuctou.. perhaps a selest guest list this year- hmmm, Tim AND Gerry,we shall see.

as for bandits, Simon, we laugh in the face of bandits:beerjug:
40th by chance:hpbirthda

linelizard said:
40th by chance:hpbirthda

Laurence - you are in SO much trouble for that one.

luckily for you I hadn't read your post before I saw you in Lahinch.:shoot:

I'm supposed to be seeing Nick later this week(he is someone else with the good sense to live in Cornwall!).
I'll see what he says about how plans are progressing.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom