blood runners

ride4reason

Reaction score
hi all

i ride for a charity called SERV (SERVICE by EMERGENCY RIDER VOLUNTEERS) we have lots of counties up and down the uk.

if you want to read me please go to www.serv.org.uk and find your local.

thank you for reading

ben

Hi Ben

I saw the Blood riders on ? emergency bikers recently.

I may well sign on in a few years once day job is retired.

looks well worthwhile.

cheers

I have just signed up and been accepted for the Wiltshire Area SERV which has only been going since October 14th my first night booked is New year eve but as they have a 2 degree minimum temp (Anything below is a no go for Bikes) I might be kicking my heels.
:augie

Nice to know that there is some fellow SERV riders on here! Im a member of sussex, have been for a about 3 years now! :)

Its one of the best things I've done on the bike, nice to give a little back!

ive been a blood runner for just over a year now and i love it! only problem is i don't drive :(
got my new adventure, set myself up for blood running and ive been snowed in...

I've been meaning to get involved in SERV for a long time now. Work keep's getting in the way though... I understand I need to do my IAM first. I will make time for it this summer :beer:

Would love to help but it's a long ride from here for an urgent call!

:nenau

I asked my insurers about my insurance cover should I volunteer to ride for SERV, only to be told I would need business cover at a greatly increased premium. The out of pocket expenses seem quite a bit, hence my idea to become a SERV rider is back on hold for the moment whilst I reconsider.

I'd like to give something back to biking, could find the time to do weekend riding cover and already travel/work at most South coast hospitals as a field service engineer so know the routes well but it seems more than moderately expensive when the insurance is factored in. :confused:

I'm a member of SERV.

Some insurers are a bit funny about SERV duty. eBike wouldn't cover me for it, the useless feckers. However, others will cover you - I believe Devitt will, for example.

The Herts & Beds group is always on the look out for riders (and drivers - you don't HAVE to ride your bike on blood runs).

More info here: http://www.servhertsbeds.org.uk/

Drop me a line if you have any questions.

:thumb2

Im insured through the BMW motoraad and when I phoned them up about covering me for SERV duties they got on to the nderwriters while I waited and as long as I am doing the duty as a volunteer and not get paid then they cover me at no extra charge:rob

I've alway wanted to be a Blood Runner, Jack Shit is my hero :thumb

17.jpg

Seriously though, shame there isn't a group up here in the sunny East Mids :(

Andres

I ride for SERV Kent, great charity doing some fantastic work. SERV always needs more volunteers and donations.

my insurance is with mce and they are fine with it.
i was on call last night and i had 2 double runs, no feeling like it!

if you dont want to be a runner there are others ways you can get involved with SERV.

ben

I looked into riding for SERV a little while ago, unfortunately my work hours aren't compatible at the moment, but when that changes I'm definitely interested in getting involved.

Have been wanting to get involved in SERV for years. I'm still not living in an area with a centre, nor am I in any one place long enough to set up a new regional branch. Last year (we think; still unable to determine for sure) I received a blood transfusion, so I can no longer give blood. Getting involved with SERV would be a good way for me to feel I'm still helping.

Hi all

I'm involved in setting up the SERV Norfolk group at the moment.

If you live in an area outside the SERV patch, have a look at the National Association of Blood Bikes website. There are other groups too.

countymap-t.png

This map is now getting out of date but gives an indication of where groups run.

Scotland soon I think.

Hi all

I'm involved in setting up the SERV Norfolk group at the moment.

If you live in an area outside the SERV patch, have a look at the National Association of Blood Bikes website. There are other groups too.

countymap-t.png

This map is now getting out of date but gives an indication of where groups run.

Scotland soon I think.

Yes, there are a couple of new regional groups currently being formed outside the areas on the map. You can register your interest through the bloodbikes site and they'll put you in touch with these fledgling groups. I can't wait to get involved in the South Wales one. I cannot give blood anymore as it looks like I received a transfusion after a big crash (still trying to ascertain for sure), so this is the only way I can continue to help. You know, aside from bullying friends who don't give blood into doing so. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Incidentally, the Prescott Bike Festival is one of the blood bikes' biggest fundraisers. The inaugral one last weekend was absolutely cracking. Stick the next one (April 15th 2012) in your diary. Let's get some more GSes up the Hill Climb and show the sportsbike fraternity how it's done. ;)

Back
Top Bottom