990 adventure sat nav/autocom advice needed

how much for a service!

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
Just took delivery of a new 990 Adv and spending more money already!
Bought a Touratech satnav mount got it fitted after dismantling what seemed like half the bike!
The question is where is the best place to power my Garmin zumo from?
Is there a spare feed behind the headlight and if so where is it as KTM have not supplied the manual yet.
Also place to put Autocom? tank box thingy?
Just thought I would seek some advice before I start drilling hole in everything
Cheers

Its been a long time since I checked but there was an ignition feed behind the headlamp cowl on my orig 950Adv. If memory serves loose hanging two pin plug on the RHS.

There is a 12v permanent & 12v ign controlled feed under the headlamp unit. You will find it on the left hand side as you look at the front of the bike. One will be used to feed the accessory socket on the dash. I would suggest using the ign controlled feed for the satnav.

As I think has been mentioned, there is a permanent and ignition switched 12v feed behind the headlight.

I put my Autocom in the little space behind the seat catch mechanism in front of the rear light. It fits a treat!
As and when I clear the snow away from the shed door I'll take a picture for ya :thumb

Great! thanks guys
Did you take the feed for the Autocom off the rear light?

I took a supply from the battery to a relay which I mounted behind the headlight. Used the IGN switched feed to switch the relay then fed 1,my heated grips, 2,my TomTom and 3,my Autocom from it. All seperately wired.

I'd taken the bike to bits to fit all the accessories anyway so running the new wires discreetly wasn't too much hastle.

For my Adv I ran off the switched pair of wires behind the headlight and put the autocom in the glove box. For my SE I ran some 10amp twin core from the switched live (again behind the head light) to the back of the bike and put the autocom in front of the rear light. I'm in Fleet & can help out if you get really stuck!!

cheers

Markie

Back
Top Bottom