Intl. Dutch Easternmeeting 2011

ECM

Reaction score
The Dutch BMW GS club is proud to announce another international rally (Treffen) in the Netherlands.

This years the Eastern weekend will be held starting Friday april 22nd-2011 till april 25th

4 days of rides (on- and offroad at different levels, workshops, good food & beer, and most of all FUN!!On the Dutch & Belgium Eastern meetings you will find people from all over Europe.

This years location:

The Outdoor experience-island "DE BLAUWE MEER" in the Dutch town "LOON OP ZAND" http://www.experience-island.nl/

On the terrain itself is an enduro & cross track. You can subscribe (free!) for allroad trainingdays and lots more)

This is a announcement. Subscribtionforms will be added later.

On behalf of the Dutch BMW GS club:

Hope to see you!

Ton

Sub to thread added, awaiting reg details.

Been to every one since Ronse, 2002 :rob, always a good craic :clap

CoGS & Lisa

It's getting closer.....

Any news on registration yet? Normally have this sorted by end of Jan.

Need to start booking ferries :thumb

Link for registration

is below...

http://www.bmwgsclub.nl/easter/register.php?

Lisa & I are now registered, I'll start looking for ferry deals tomorrow. Hull to Rotterdam or Zeebrugge would do. If you find any good ones Mike, please post 'em up!

CoGS :thumb

cogs23(at)gmail(dot)com

I've just had confirmation from the organisers that UK riders can pay (cash) on arrival (due to BACS charges :(), just make this clear in your reply to the reg confirmation email.

Best quote I've had for Hull-Rotterdam (two adults on one GS, out 21/4, back 30/4) is £313 :eek:

Eeeeeeh! I remember when we took two bikes and it cost £95 each :thumb and it wasn't THAT long ago :(

Can anyone do better?

Ferry to dover

Best quote I've had for Hull-Rotterdam (two adults on one GS, out 21/4, back 30/4) is £313 :eek:

Eeeeeeh! I remember when we took two bikes and it cost £95 each :thumb and it wasn't THAT long ago :(

Can anyone do better?

Surely from our neck of the woods a ferry from dover to Calais and overland has to be the cheapest way :nenau and I'm sure it could be done in a day so no extra accommodation :thumb2

True...

Yes it CAN be done that way, but, to be honest, having done this Rally for the last nine years....

From Leics down to Dover/Folkestone is a real drag (220 miles from my gaff) and you're going South to come back North on t'other side, and feels even worse on the way back. Done it to the point of utter boredom.
We've tried ferry and tunnel from that end, even got late ferry on the Thursday then done F1 on French side before riding up on the Friday. We've done overnight ferry from Harwich (c.150 miles) several times recently, and that's OK (but booked out this year apparently). Our favourite is Hull (99 miles from us and a 2100 sailing means no extra time off work required ;) 2 Rottie but since P&O stopped offering good deals through Just Ferries...(formerly MST) it's just taking the p*ss pricewise.
I'm even tempted to try Newcastle - Amsterdam, Newcastle is only 200 miles away and AWAY from London/M25 (Yayy).
Just to clarify, we ride a very ratty 1100 with LOTS of crap on board (se p87 top right corner of Adventure Bike Rider current issue ;))

So, TBH, we're geeks and try to do something different each year and we haven't done the Hull route since the Valburg rally four years ago (one of the best, IMHO, despite the tannoy "Hi-deHi" wake up :eek)

I am not a wimp. I have ridden a C90 to The Gambia.

So sorry, I'm still hopeful. Pleeeaaase post any hidden deals here :clap

CoGS

registered myself and swimbo for this event,(garry and adria) we both went to the belgium event last year and had a great time.
200 miles of mudplugging over the weekend.
we are both on GSA's
look forward to meeting you,:beerjug::beerjug:
we will be doing the channel tunnel route from northamptonshire probably early friday morning

3 weeks later this year so might be a bit warmer, had ice on the inside of the tent last year when i got up for a piss at 7 am

Myself and Mark71 are booked to go with jackass Dave and possibly one other.

We are booked on the tunnel early Friday morning.

Have been to the last four meets and have enjoyed them all. :thumb2

Yep were going again

Hi all

Yes Tricky, Jackass and I are going for must be our third or fourth year and will see if Dave can keep up with his bike this year.

Does anyone have any ideas for daytime activities as were not doing the off road but will do a bit of sight seeing again and of course tasting the usual dutch beer.

First major outing on the 800 so should be fun.

Anyway see you all there.

Mark

Me an Archiegser will be there too
Just booked ferry and registered for a pair of tent pitches aside the heated swimming pool with full hookup electric for the trouser press :thumb2

Myself and Mark71 are booked to go with jackass Dave and possibly one other.

We are booked on the tunnel early Friday morning.

Have been to the last four meets and have enjoyed them all. :thumb2

what time have you booked your tunnel for,
will be booking ours later this week when i get my tesco clubcard vouchers,
may as well join you on the way there if its OK with you guys:comfort

what time have you booked your tunnel for,
will be booking ours later this week when i get my tesco clubcard vouchers,
may as well join you on the way there if its OK with you guys:comfort

Hi Gazza

We are booked to go out on the 0850 departure. See you at the tunnel if you want to link up. :thumb2

Hi Gazza

We are booked to go out on the 0850 departure. See you at the tunnel if you want to link up. :thumb2

couldnt get on the same time as you,:blast so had to settle for either 07.42 or 11.10. 07.42 it is then, we may decide to stop in adinkerke just over the belgium border on the A16 for breakfast (they do a superb full english) so could hang around and wait for you there. if not see yopu at the rally:thumb:beerjug:
we are coming back on the tuesday to miss the mad bank holiday M25/A1 traffic

Back
Top Bottom