In the tyre tracks of giants

Oggyr80

I am going to ride and film routes my grandpa used to take as a dispatch rider in the war, so he can relive the memories he's so fond of. Need to do it by the end of Jan at the latest. The route will probably be Huddersfield to London possibly crossing to France.
I'm going to find out what his favourite routes were and what bikes he rode by the end of this week. Can anyone recommend sites or forums where riders (with appropriate bikes from the time) may be willing to be filmed along the route?
Haven't considered doing it for charity as it's a bit of a personal journey on a tight time frame but if anyone thinks there is a missed opportunity please let me know.
....and yes I get the irony of doing it on a BMW R80Gs.

Test Filming

Thanks for the link I've sent off a number of emails and got myself onto a couple of classic bike forums.

The only response I've had so for was from the film and photography department at Beaulieu. They've been really very helpful in giving advice on filming, so my next step is to find a willing participant to practise on.

As such is there anybody in West Yorkshire who fancies being filmed on their bike next week? There will be a fair bit of pratting about getting close up shots of the bike and shots of the throttle, clutch lever, etc being operated. The fun bit should be drive-bys from a number of different vantage points. Could do with some over a hump back bridge and filming down from a bigger bridge as the bike goes under. I'll possibly get the transit out and do some with the door open. I've not got a helmet cam yet but am looking at getting a hd one of similar quality to my main camera. If you have one you could bring along it would be a real bonus.

I'll post this on the Yorkshire thread as well but if anyones interested it's a great chance to get a free film of you to use as you wish.

Trial video

Still looking for classic Army type bikes to film(Triumphs, BSA's etc). This is a trial video to give people an idea of what I'm looking to achieve. Not edited the sound on this clip yet so you may want to turn it off, but please follow the link.

http://vimeo.com/18481161

Back
Top Bottom