Summer ride reports

Schwarz Baron

Reaction score
Ride out report Virginia

Here it is guys, the report on a very successful ride out. We started of this morning meeting at McDs at Sprucfield Lisburn, a better than expected turn out, 8 in all and we were met by Barry Craig at Banbridge on the A1 making 9, where we skipped of the main routes, deciding to travel thro' Scarva and on to the main Portadown to Newry Road. A road that would have got everybody up to speed, for the rest of the journey for it is full of lovely fast sweepers and nice tight switch backs, a sign of better things to come. From Newry we headed of into south Armagh, parralleling the border all the way into Newtownhamilton, where we had a quick stop for those who wished to partake in a suck on a cancer stick. The chat so far was of " what a great road that was", " never been on that before, I'll certainly be back". You get the general idea. The other half of the chat surrounded Barry's, modified 1100GS. With its "S" wheels and laser can with chip, what a lovely note from it.... We gathered ourselves and headed south towards Castleblaney, crossing the border at Altnamacken, by which stage the roads still in good enough nick, had really started to tighten up, and any momentry lapse in concentration would certainly end in disaster. This little road the R182 was a test for everyone skills, but a joy to ride on. Arriving at Castleblaney it was there unfortunately we were 2 bikes short. and after 10 minutes the worry clouds started to gather. To cut a slightly long story short, big Dave on the Varadaro, binned it in a tight right hander. losing the bike in a bit of a ditch. However we were soon on hand to lift the bike out and get big Dave and the Honda on the road again. Hats off to you Dave for carrying on, lucky just to have a bit of a bruised leg, and minimal damage to the Vara, crash bars saving the day, we all agreed. Reaching Castleblaney for the second time for most, a quick coffee was in order to steady the nerves. Again to our surprise Dave decided to carry on, good lad we all thought. From Blaney it was onto the R181 to Bailieborough, and our agreed lunch stop and rendezvous, Virginia. Turning up only 20 minutes late at the big Church in the town centre, when no one was there to meet us, thoughts turned to here we go again. However all was not lost, arriving at the Hotel on the Dublin road on the edge of Lough Ramor, we were greeted by the Drogheda boys, and as many of them as there were of us too. Tremendous! Lunch was greeted heartily, and an hour or so was spent on the hotel terrace overlooking the lough, making new aquaintences. Again Barry's 1100 receiving a lot of attention. A quick change of plan and direction after lunch and it was of to Ardee via Kells, with the Drogheda boys joining in. At Ardee a break was taken and we said our goodbyes and thank-yous. At this point I would like to thank everyone who turned in, you know who you are, you made it a great day out, and hope to see you all at the next meet. For those who didn't make it here are a few pics.......

Cheers!

Gathering at McD's

Attachments

• d day ride out 002.jpg
    d day ride out 002.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 332
Great way to spend a Sunday!

Great roads, great weather, great grub, great guys & gall............................great to meet the bunch.

Re: Great way to spend a Sunday!

BARRY CRAIG said:
Great roads, great weather, great grub, great guys & gall............................great to meet the bunch.

Have to echo that. Bro 2 and I had a ball. I'll forward 'the photo' tomorrow Swartz when I get the USB lead for me mates camera!

Regards to all great day,
Alte :D :D :D

Sorry schwarz, could not make the trip. A sick child saw to it that I stayed put for the day. Sounded like a good day out and a road or two to take note of.

Cheers

Brilliant day's craic, enjoyed every bend (apart from Dave's one). Thanks to Paul and Charles for organising everything, and great to see the Drogeda mob turing out in numbers. Also good to bump into Garfieldus on his travels on the 1200GS in Ardee.

Sorry I won't be at the next one as I'll be in USA - maybe we could organise an end-of-season run in September?

Meant to be there but problem on route

see Airheads for more details.
Sorry I missed it but I enjoy so personal hospitality that cheered me no end.
Perhaps Lahinch?

You weren't the only one that had problems on route, so don't worry about it. I was not smiling in the photo but big Dave in the white t-shirt to the left of the pic wanted it taken, it was a cross between a grimace and an unavoidable inability to resist a smile for the camera. But he'll know better now not to try and keep, with the Gsers. In saying that my own offing a short while ago was only about a mile further on, on the same road. It was wet I swear!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• valadero.jpg
    valadero.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 238
Smile

schwarz baron can't keep his face straight.

Is it the camera or the sight of a Honda in a ditch?

Answers on a post card ,

To The Baron Judas
Care off BMW Belfast

Sunday shinnanagins

Echoing big (much older) bro's comments re Virginia run - excellent! Really enjoyed the company and craic. Wish I'd gone for the beef instead of curry but hey- next time!

Some interesting stuff from the south-side dudes. Particularly liked the paris-dakar.

Would just like to go on record as saying that Big Dave (this hole ain't big enough for the both of us!) was a terrific sport by not allowing things to spoil his day.

Hope to see you all again.

new boy's

On behalf of the Drogheda contingent,i would like to say that we had a very enjoyable day last sunday.It was great to meet a few other gs er's and chew the cud for a while.The spin back to Ardee was good craic,and it was a stroke of luck to meet Garfieldius?,and cross examine him about his new 1200.Once again,thanks for a good day.
Looking forward to the next one.

Carrick-on-Shannon

Thanks for a great day Charles, excellent route, I don't think the weather spoiled it too much. Cheers to all those who turned in. I made it 330 miles from my place round trip. Good goin especially in that weather. We'll not mention the diesel spill, will we. We seem to have that effect on non GS's. See ya's all in Lahinch. Here's a few snaps.

The first R.V. for the boys from way up North. Nice bike civil worth waitin on ah!. Only are German friends could come up with such a bargain. :D

Aughnacloy, in a round-a-bout way.

Attachments

• carrick 001.jpg
    carrick 001.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 274
Sorry guys I missed this one.

Looks like I missed out. :(

Whens the next one?

Back
Top Bottom