Morocco spring 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff B

Reaction score
I trying to put a trip together to Morocco in the mid March early May period for about two weeks ( 8/9 days in Morocco).

Overnight to Plymouth to Santander and then a couple of days across spain. Cross in to Morocco and then just do some adventure ish riding. Although Tamac is OK would like to take a some more adventure routes and just put the bike to the use it was intended bike being a R1200 Adventure.
Not looking for any hardcore off road but just to get of the tarmac and have a laugh.
Mid range hotels are the plan only to limit the amount kit needed to be carried.

Back to Spain Santander ect

Although there are some very good company offering good quality tours and support would really prefer the flex your own plan offers.

Anyone who might like to do a trip like this or knows of anyone putting a trip together please get in touch.

Any advice on weather it is worth considering doing a trip like this solo would be appreciated. First time to North Africa.

Regards

Geoff

Morocco

Spooky..........

Just checking on the site on the off-chance someone may be up for a Morocco jaunt in April and what do I find:aidan

I've got permission from SWMBO to buzz-off from the 2nd April but need to be back by 20th April. Are these dates any good for you?

Like you, I've the 1200, not the Adv, but it's fully prepped and desperate for an adventure. Not done much off-road on it but have done on other bikes. Your plan for loose roads suits me.

Rather than using up nearly seven days to get to the port in Spain and back (I'm in Glasgow), currently investigating the option of a re-usable crate and road-freighting the bike to Malaga then a cheap Sleazy flight into and out of Malaga. Any use or thoughts from the more experienced welcome.

Cheers
Tom

:clap Hi I could well be up for joining a group as long as it was not over the Easter week .
Have just got back from eight day trip over Christmas and new year to Morocco , but So wont to go again !

Best way to get there ?

As its my first long distance tour on the GS not got any real experience with freight.
The idea of a Moroccan dash is good but looking to take it a little a jaunt than a dash.
Anyone who maybe took part in the last dash with time or at least routes .GPX would great.
I am happy to meet in UK,Spain if anyone is interested just want to save the long ride through France.
I am fairly flexible on dates as long I can get ferry booked in time.
Any advice or comment would be welcomed.
I am obviously not the only one who has the need for an adventure so who up for it.

Hi
Geoff I did morocco last year with a couple of friends I have some routes you could have if you like pm me your email address and I will send them over also download olafs topo map of morocco it is very good and you can load it onto your satnav.
Here is the link to our trip http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238596
Cheers
Eddie

Last edited:
I can do from 17th - 30th April

Then again I could probably be flex-able on those dates, you have any dates planned yet ?

Dates

I have provisionally booked the last 15 Apr untill 3rd May as World of BMW are running a road tour over these dates. I have made enquiries.

Although not the type of tour I wanted to do if I cant organised anything else will bite the bullet and book with BMW if any spaces left.

By hook or by crook I am going to Morocco this spring. Have uploaded Morocco maps to to zumo have michelin 742 ready :)

Last edited:
Geoff

Have a look at this these guys, I'm hoping to do join their Morocco trip in May and I know they still have some places available. www.motocadia.com/

David

I have provisionally booked the last 15 Apr untill 3rd May as World of BMW are running a road tour over these dates. I have made enquiries.

Although not the type of tour I wanted to do if I cant organised anything else will bite the bullet and book with BMW if any spaces left.

By hook or by crook I am going to Morocco this spring. Have uploaded Morocco maps to to zumo have michelin 742 ready :)

If you want to sort some thing out im up for it a nice leisurely trip would be great

Geoff

I have been looking at the tours available and as usual nothing fits that great for me. I want to get to Morocco this year and the ideal time is the 20th to the 31st May (That's getting there are back in that time.) My holiday time is restricted and using the bank holiday helps me. I would like to do a good amount of off road but as I will be on an Adventure nothing to extreme. I am happy to do hotels or camping, whatever is the norm for Morocco trips. If you still considering going independantly let me know as It would be good to see if we could put something together.

David

moto morocco

Have you had a look at moto morocco? Bill can arrange either on or off road trips or a mixture of both , if its your first time there , you will be impressed..enjoy yourself whichever way you decide to go.

Update

I am trying to put some ideas on my google page to give any other memebers the chance to see what my plan would like to be. However the plan is only as good untill the first shot is fires:blast

Will post at link as soon as I can not eactly a web guru so be patient :augie

Provisional Date 17th April to 3rd May Santandar crossing 7 to 8 day in Morroco.

Update with link when I can.

As always any advise and hints welcome.

Link

Due to ignorance I have now relised that Links can not be posted by none subscriber ( tight a**):)

I have contacted moderator to confirm if subscribe members can post web links in post. If you are a subscribed user maybe you can answer this for me.

Just want to use it as a wiki for the tour info and ride update/ report

Last edited:
Contact Info

Anyone intresting in the trip if you PM your email I will send your info to my tour wiki on my provisional thoughts on the trip.

:)

Update

So have had a few lads show an interest. But an agreed suggestion is at some point the cut off point has to be set as to weather the trip can go ahead. People restrictions on booking time off ect and availability of ferry.

Not sure who is hijacking who but all enquiries welcomed if that meens two post into one then fine. To me its about getting to Morocco for a laugh and some serious riding.

As before any PM are welcome have put a basic blog online just to pool people thoughts and idea's in one place. Link provided to those interested.

April will be he before you know it.

:)

Last edited:
If this is over Easter then I'm very keen to tag along. I've booked time off work from Good friday to the Early May Bank Holiday; 22 April to 2 May.

Good work on getting this thread started.

Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom