love it or loath it.......

philpaw2003

Just got back from a run from crewe to matlock via the cat + fiddle.
just to let you all know that diesel has been strewn arond the place with alarming regularity, and strangly enough on the way into and out off the more demanding corners. now i cant say if its "the locals" or an errant truckie but its there.
as for the pub its self....... WOW the car park is now tarmacced ( spelt wrong i know) and is very nice thankyou. I wonder if he got lucky heather ( whoever she is...) in with the deal????

Phil

:beer:

philpaw2003 said:

just to let you all know that diesel has been strewn arond the place with alarming regularity, and strangly enough on the way into and out off the more demanding corners.

Did you report it?

OH YES

sure did ..... whether they do anything...... mmmmmm

phil:beer:

One of the comics had something about reporting diesel a while back.......they said you should ask for the name of the person you report it to and ask for it to be officially logged , then stress that it has to be cleared up because you believe it will cause an accident.....ie scare them into action because as the person it's been reported too, they become personally liable if nothing is done.

sounds like a good (if slightly unfair on the poor receptionist) way of getting it done ;)

I've always preferred the Cheshire section to the main Cat & Fiddle up from the Bosley Crossroads up to the pub.... fewer GSXR1ZXR twats riding like :GS:GS:GS:GS's.

philpaw2003 said:
Just got back from a run from crewe to matlock via the cat + fiddle.
just to let you all know that diesel has been strewn arond the place with alarming regularity, and strangly enough on the way into and out off the more demanding corners. now i cant say if its "the locals" or an errant truckie but its there.

It's the locals, or at least one of them. I spoke to a police officer on the C+F last year (after a friend had unfortunately stuffed his bike into a ditch, silly sod) and was told that they know of at least one person who does this, but have been unable to prove anything or catch him in the act.

Of course, this could be mere hearsay. I doubt you get many commercial vehicles larger than a 7.5 tonner over the C+F ...?

My mate "wrote his off"bike last year at the same place on a diese patchl!!!

Hit a wooden post and went through his hip, on the mend now.

Police said it was his erratic speed !!!!!!!!!

A bad spot

Howie

Back
Top Bottom