Remus end cans - how do they sit?

BigNige

Reaction score
Are they straight or, as I suspect, a touch wonky looking from the rear of the bike?

Sort of...tucked in at an angle rather than dead parallel with the bike like the std one is.

It's the elipsoid one I'm talking about...the Genesis I think.

Cheers chums

:)

You mean one of these:

This is with a y-piece fitted. You may not be able to discern but there is a slight kink outwards from front to rear

Phil

Remus Exhaust (Fitted )

I fitted a Remus just before GS meet at Princetown . Had mail with many club members about the way it looks . the exhaust works very well with a much better performance. my complaint is the angle of the can it sits at 11/5 o,clock which to my eyes looks wrong . I have complained to J+N racing who keep promising to send new brackets I even spoke to Performance imports who are the importers who say they have fittings for the can but as yet I have not recieved any help or responce . I now will have a go at both companys if they are at the NEC show. GS owners be carefull where you buy these mods . I would not reccomend either of the above . KEV

Phil,

I think you've got those pics still on your C: drive mate, they need to be on the web somewhere.

Maybe e-mail me them?

Cheers

OK another go....

Attachments

• bmw_web05.jpg
    bmw_web05.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 477
and the other one....

Attachments

• belgium1902.jpg
    belgium1902.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 378
Dirty !

Jeez,
All that money for a pipe and the dirt still sticks to it.....I thought titanium would stay clean forever !!! I'll stick with the stock pipe it looks like that when its dirty.

:beerjug:

Wrong bracket?

My can sat at an angle......... so I complained. My dealer [HughendonM40] got onto Remus supplier and got the correct bracket. Even offered to change it for me free of charge...though it wasn't their fault!
Have a go, apparently there are 2 types of bracket and lots of people are being bummed off with the wrong one. They don't complain because they think thats how it fits!
If you do fit it yourself a 15mm socket is very useful for the pipe/can 'O' clip.;)

Remus end cans

Looking at the photos shown in this thread . the bracket on my can is different to the ones shown . The bracket is shaped to the can then there are 2no upstands with a small tube with a rubber bush set in side . It is not possible to bend it , it would require cutting and welding . the bracket is about 15 degrees out . It just looks crap .
KEV

I had the bracket problem, phone motorworks, new remus bracket arrived within a week, hey presto, it fits proper like it should. Ring the dealer you got the pipe from. Remus know of this problem and replace f.o.c

This my newly fitted Remus Revolution... straight as a die (just wanted an excuse to post this pic) with the baffle out.

Attachments

• misc 004.jpg
    misc 004.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 902
Hi Sleepy ,Just want your views now you have removed the baffle.Took mine out this morn and i reckon its given me ANOTHER 3 or 4 hp.It does seem to be noisier on the move but about the same at standstill.Can't believe how it has transformed the bike.Think i will take it for a winter track day.Hows your fuel cosumption?Mine is terrible about 150 to a tankfull. mind you I am riding it like I stole it!!
Your internals look very clean.Think mines running a bit rich!Have you had it set up since the addition?

jetjock said:
Hi Sleepy ,Just want your views now you have removed the baffle.Took mine out this morn and i reckon its given me ANOTHER 3 or 4 hp.It does seem to be noisier on the move but about the same at standstill.Can't believe how it has transformed the bike.Think i will take it for a winter track day.Hows your fuel cosumption?Mine is terrible about 150 to a tankfull. mind you I am riding it like I stole it!!
Your internals look very clean.Think mines running a bit rich!Have you had it set up since the addition?

Hi there Jet... I've only just fitted the can, and like you seem to be gunning it everywhere just to hear the noise, have only done about 50 miles so far, and the pic was taken just after it was fitted (hence no soot).
Still undecided whether it sounds better with or without the baffle.
I'm hoping the fuel consumption won't alter too much, (once I've settled down :D ) I always managed about 230 - 250 miles when in 'touring' mode, so you must be giving it some stick.!! still, enjoy it mate. :beerjug:

I had the same problem,wonky end can and it was touching the rear foot rest hanger. Rang performance parts. They sent me a new hager (on up part on the bracket,just plain metal,no rubber insert. Arrived the next day a hey presto straight end can and a space between it and the rear foot rest. No bolt or spacer provided though so you have to rummage in you tool box.

What sort of gap have you guys got between the can and the footrest as mine seems really close, I have about 6~7 mm

6-7mm is good, mine was 3mm so fitted a spacer, also had to twist to get it straight. Have not run it yet to see if it moves or crack's :eek:

Apparently most GS's are slightly different with regards to the gap. My can even with the single spar is only a few mm away. Better than the other bracket though. That was touching and crooked. If you have this problem request a replacement for the single spar(no rubber bung). I'm sure you will get one without any bother as the suppliers seem to be aware of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom