wiring in a gps to a GS

peterbiker

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone help me? yesterday, i saw a thread on this site the gave a very detailed and helpful explaination of how to wire in a GPS.
It included a step by step guide and even included pictures showing what wires to solder and what to cut and even what tools to use.
Now i cant find it and i wanted to do this job tonight.
can someone tell me where it has gone? please!!

Peter

here you go

I've just seen where you are, I pass nearby travelling to work in Hertford from Harrow.Let me know if you want a hand, I've just done mine using this as guidance, only I used the lead to instal a socket in the LH panel as well.

Brian

Alternatively you can just a cable for £20 from Nippy Normans that connects to the plug under the beak and Bob is your uncle. Not sure what type of bike you have but I have a 2010 and it took all of 10 minutes - best to solder the leads and seal them good as it can get wet under there. The Garmin comes with a 2A fuse - some have said that the Canbus will switch it off automatically and you don't need it. Personally for an expensive piece of kit as the 660 I left my fuse in.

Here is the link for the part from NN.

http://www.nippynormans.com/Lead-fo...-the-BMW-harness/productinfo/GAR-CANBUSZU660/

Good luck.

hiya1.gif

Looking like a quorum in that part of the world!

wiring in a GPS

Hi NLC
I have that piece of kit but the thread i was refering to told you what to do with each of the numbered wires and although i am sure it wont take long I just wanted to get it right first time.
Thanks for relpying
Peter

Hi NLC
I have that piece of kit but the thread i was refering to told you what to do with each of the numbered wires and although i am sure it wont take long I just wanted to get it right first time.
Thanks for relpying
Peter

Have you found it regarding the three yellow wires , i can get it for you now if you havent :)

Strength in numbers! You guys should join us at the North London meet next week

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253521

The cap for the aux socket can be a little tricky to get off. Just unroll the black tape and you need a small flat head to get the socket off.

Wires are numbered and need connecting as follows:
No 1 lead earth
No 2 Do not use
No 3 12v ignition switch

Back
Top Bottom