Hepco & Becker, LARGE pictures

Kave

As per request I'll post images of my r12 with the Hepco & Becker engine guards.
They where not really easy to fit, be sure to not tighten anything at ll untill you have the four screws that holds the middle part into place. The both side parts can be forced pretty easy into position, but the middle part is quite hard to fit due to quite small holes in it.
engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

engine3.jpg

black looks nice... these COULD be the first bars I could be interested to use on a 1200GS... (I usually hate bars because they make the bike heavier and wider).

Soooo... how much heavier and wider do they make it? :)

Very very nice Kave. What's that chromy thing just below the cylinder head, on the bar? Some sort of fitting, or is it a label? (Has to be painted black! :D)

Very nice, and I reckon I can order a set now as criteria "Wait till you've been paid" has been fulfilled...

The nice thing about those bars is that they're reasonably discrete and don't stick out unduly. Black or ally? Hmm...

Kave,
where did you buy your H&B engine guards in Sweden?

where can you get them in Europe? (because I doubt someone imports them in GR)
is this a Euro or US product?

viatormundi said:
Kave,
where did you buy your H&B engine guards in Sweden?
No, I bought them from Louis.de
They have a swedish reseller, you can find it on the hepco-becker.de web site, but he wanted cash in advance and was more expensive than louis.

Thanks for the info. I checked louis.de but there is only black version in their sortiment, I would like to have a silver metallic version instead, maybe should wait. By the way, how expensive is the shipment cost when ordering things with louis.de to Sweden?

I found out they have an official dealer in Greece. He also sells Triumph bikes though. :p

So, what is the bars' price in your country?
(so that I would know they won't steal us in Greece)

Wunderlich sells H&B bars 180,90Eur silver and 166,90 black. I had the same experience as Kave, they are not easy to fit. The tube under the cylinder reduces the leaning angel a bit. I have scratched my bars on both sides.:D

Swede said:
The tube under the cylinder reduces the leaning angel a bit. I have scratched my bars on both sides.:D

I was afraid of that... :(
How much does it reduce the leaning angle? Do they touch down all the time or in very extreme leans....?:confused:

Thanks!

They don`t touch down "all the time" but on track and whith inspired driving in roundabouts. It´s just more pleasant when the footpegs touch first.
I have installed Touratech zega bags and i think they will touch first now, just have to figure out a way to test without damage.
:confused:

Swede said:
They don`t touch down "all the time" but on track and whith inspired driving in roundabouts. It´s just more pleasant when the footpegs touch first.
I have installed Touratech zega bags and i think they will touch first now, just have to figure out a way to test without damage.
:confused:

two people holding the bike on its side - a towel on the ground

Swede,

Thanks for that reply... Cornering ability is something that I really don't want to compromise on... But I guess I have to... :(

NLS said:
two people holding the bike on its side - a towel on the ground

This will almost work... if youc an compress the suspension when doing it, then it should be fairly accurate... and maybe taking some air out of the tyres... Or am I being too pedantic... :p

Back
Top Bottom