What paperwork?

Capsize

As a matter of interest, what paperwork did anyone get with their order for a 1200?

I did the deal the day after a half day test ride. Agreed trade in figures and balance to pay. I put down a small deposit (£100) and gave my specification. - delivery end September.

To date, all I have been given is a receipt for my deposit.

I was wondering if this was the same for the rest of you prospective owners. I assumed that I would get some sort of order acknowledgement detailing the agreed trade-in, balance, spec and delivery date, but was told that the bike is still specification variable and the details would all be firmed up when an exact delivery date is known.

I feel at risk that the price / delivery may suddenly change and currently I have no proof of any agreement.

You should get a vehicle order form specifying what you have ordered, the expected (estimated) delivery date, and all the options. This is a "triplicate" style form that the dealer should have given you.

Tobers said:
You should get a vehicle order form specifying what you have ordered, the expected (estimated) delivery date, and all the options. This is a "triplicate" style form that the dealer should have given you.

I agree. Fax your dealer and confirm what the agreement is and get them to comfirm back. Never trust anyone when it comes to money and no agreements. The person your are dealing with may be gone by the time the bike arrives. If they don't confirm in writting they may rip you off later.

What Tobers said - a paper stating how much money they want, what you've ordered, and an estimated delivery date.

I also got a good cup of coffee - but there's no proof of that... :cool:

TheJoker said:
What Tobers said - a paper stating how much money they want, what you've ordered, and an estimated delivery date.

I also got a good cup of coffee - but there's no proof of that... :cool:

Does not want much does he:D

Capsize, if it's any comfort I too have ordered a GS12 for an October delivery and I don't have any paperwork confirming deposit or spec. Perhaps I'll take a run to Southport at the weekend and get that sorted.

Al

contract via e-mail

i had a test ride at battersea on the launch day of the 1200gs but it was only about 20 mins in a group i then had another one in may and was told of at least 6 months waiting list so i told the salesman i would think about it then in the begining of june i got an e-mail to say they had a cancelation for mid august and was i interested so i said i was but i want it the 1st week in sept so to cut a long story short all the correspondance has been over the phone or by e-mail including my deposit by direct debit so my contract was sent by e-mail and i printed off 2 copies and sent one back and as per prices its easy enough to work out the extras alarm, wire wheels etc etc
i e-mailed the dealer on thurs 12th and he said the bike will arrive ready for building on the 23rd and i should have it by sept 4th
and i cant wait
cliff

receipt for my deposit

just to add the dealer sent me my slip for my £500 direct debit deposit
cliff

All i got was a receipt for my deposit back in March, but i still got the bike in June.

Similar to Cliff I called Vines the day someone had cancelled an order. I got in. Paid deposit over the phone and then went in to do the paperwork.

1 page new vehicle order with details of colour (Ocean Blue - natch) extras etc
2 page new vehicle contract with similar details set out in a different order.:confused:

Due mid Sept

Back
Top Bottom