Test Centres to close and ...

Timolgra

reformed
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
......private examiners????

Leaked documents suggest the Driving Standards Agency is looking at plans to close down test centres and use private firms as "delegated examiners".

The new plans could see examiners based at supermarkets and community centres.

The Public and Commercial Services union says it has seen leaked documents showing that the DSA is exploring several options to lower its costs.

The plans follow moves by the Government to study ways of providing driving tests more efficiently at a lower cost and whether they could be undertaken by other organisations inside or outside of the public sector, said the PCS.

General secretary Mark Serwotka said: "These new documents shed more light on the plans being hatched behind closed doors by senior managers and ministers.

"Worryingly, it is the latest evidence of the creeping privatisation of the agency's work, which puts ideology before road safety."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20110204/tuk-driving-test-centres-could-be-axed-45dbed5.html

I thought i'd heard that the DSA was one of the 'quangos' that are being 'disbanded' under the latest governmental cutbacks etc - but I'm not sure about this

We're being threatened with the same thing over here. There is currently a review of the driver testing service going on as a prelude to this.
It's just wrong that any private company should have anything to do with driver testing.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom