Hello...

skinman

Reaction score
Hi everyone my name is John and I hail from Glasgow..that's the wetter part of Scotland. I have retired from the Royal mail centre where I worked for twelve years.
I have three children all growd up who annoy the hell out of me constantly...
the little darlings. my only real baby now is my B.M.W.1200gs who has been my faithful companion for four years now taking me to morocco three times.. all over Europe.. and hopefully.. to America with my son on his V-strom this summer.. god and our wallets willing.

boarding the Grande Navi Velloce for Cicilia.

Hi everyone my name is John and I hail from Glasgow..that's the wetter part of Scotland. I have retired from the Royal mail centre where I worked for twelve years.
the little darlings. my only real baby now is my B.M.W.1200gs who has been my faithful companion for four years now taking me to morocco three times.. all over Europe.. and hopefully.. to America with my son on his V-strom this summer.. god and our wallets willing.

Hi skinman, welcome to UKGSer, its good to have you with us.

Sounds like an exciting trip planned. Whereabouts in America are you heading off to? What route will you take?

Hi skinman, welcome to UKGSer, its good to have you with us.

Sounds like an exciting trip planned. Whereabouts in America are you heading off to? What route will you take?

Hi DUCHESS.

Well... we are shipping our bikes to Jacksonville-Florida for Eight weeks of sheer heaven this June.. Although our route is not set in stone we will cruise down mid-july through Orlando-Miami-new Orleans.Then..bumming it up towards Arkansas..heading up to North & south Dakota.
Then Montana through to Nevada then finally California. And if we have enough time left I may pop in to see my uncle who now lives in the desert in Arizona...if he doesn't shoot me on sight first.Then we ship the bikes back from California..really looking forward to this trip as I haven't been over to America since 1973.The only bummer on this holiday was the cost of hiring bikes -I found it more reasonable to take our own.. also slightly less hassle

John...:thumb

Hi John. If you reckon Glasgow's wet don't go to Greenock...
See you out there or here one day.:flag

If it's good enough for captain William Kidd ,,,then it's good enough for me...
though I'm probably the bigger pirate between the two of us.

I spent several years..from the age of five till I was nine nearby at a Bridge of weir home for children it was next to Quarrier's home. If my memory serves me well it was called greiff .

:pullface

I don't get it. :nenau

I don't get it. :nenau

I'm afraid I don't either brassmonkey?... could you break your Quote
down into layman's terms just so I can understand what it is that you can't grasp about my introductory post...thanks....

And if we have enough time left I may pop in to see my uncle who now lives in the desert in Arizona...if he doesn't shoot me on sight first.

Hi Skinman & Welcome

Sounds like a great trip you've got planned.
We based ourselves in Arizona, on holiday a few years ago & took a trip accross the desert in a hot air balloon. It was about half a day & a bit special !.
If you can find the time to do it, let you're uncle know first !! :thumb2

Hax

I know Quarrier's. I was brought up in Renfrew. All changed into Yuppy houses these days.
The US trip sounds ace. All the best

I lived in the Old Schoolhouse in Quarriers Village for 18 months...circa mid 2000 - 2002...used to get my hair cut in Bridge of Weir....bloody small world eh!!:D

And now for the official bit....

Greetings & salutations, welcome to the site......:thumb2 :D

I'd just like to say thanks for the really warm welcome guys
And girls...I'm sure I'll be really happy with this forum. there's so many varied
and interesting topics on it It will take forever to read them all...brill.

Thanks again..

Hi John, I thoucht that the whole o Scotland was the wettest place never mind your neck o the wids ha ha ha. Bra bike n hope the trip goes well fur the twa o you.

Back
Top Bottom