Round The UK

JoeC

rebircsbuS
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I work for Sainsbury's which will help to explain why i am doing the below charity rid event. Please sponsor me if you can - no donation is too small.
Thanks

Leading up to Easter I will be doing a charity event which I have devised.

What Am I Doing?
I will be travelling by motorcycle to the most northerly, easterly, southerly and westerly Sainsbury’s stores. Unfortunately, due to time constraints I will not be visiting Northern Ireland.

From those stores I will collect Easter eggs and deliver them to the local children’s hospital/hospice/home as chosen by that stores.

The plan is to leave SSC Holborn on the morning of Thursday 14th April, visit our stores in Helston (S), Tenby (W), Berryden (N), Great Yarmouth (E) and return to SSC Holborn the afternoon of Wednesday 20th April. In total I will be travelling approx 2000 miles but I will not be using motorways – only A and B roads.

Sounds easy but when you include the travel to the store, traffic, weather, collecting the Easter eggs, travel to the local hospital/hospice/home and onward travel to an overnight stay it all adds up to a long day in the saddle!

This link gives you an idea of the route that I will be taking.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...-1.76936&sspn=18.382494,39.418945&ie=UTF8&z=6

Why Am I Doing This?

Basically, to cheer up a child’s life with an Easter egg. Also to raise funds for Comic Relief but to promote Sainsbury’s, the IT Service Desk and the stores that I am visiting. Also because I like motorcycling!

How Can You Help?
I would appreciate assistance in couple of ways:

1) Monetary donations directly to me in order for Easter Eggs to be purchased.
PM me if you want to take this option.

2) By donating into my Just Giving charity account for Red Nose Day. http://my.rednoseday.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=347694

Thanks for reading this.

Joe put me down for £100, will sort the money out when we meet at the AH run.

Mike

Mike, welcome back.
Thanks for that. Did you put too many zero's on the end?
Just want to double check.

PS
When are you going to subscribe - want to send you a PM about your Streetguard suit.

Mike, welcome back.
Thanks for that. Did you put too many zero's on the end?
Just want to double check.

PS
When are you going to subscribe - want to send you a PM about your Streetguard suit.

right number of zero's.

i'm not going to.

how about....

re-opening yuor old account which was subscribed already and change the name over to bert t t, sorted and free.

Well, the 14th April is nearly upon me and still frantically trying to finalise my plans.

RND has been and gone but people like me are still participating in events to try and raise funds for Comic Relief. Therefore, should you still wish to donate then please see my link in posting #1 and below.

My charity ride has a primary theme which is Easter. It is not a Bible Crusade but purely a means of trying to cheer up a child's day with a meaning behind it.
Should you wish to donate to help me purchase Easter eggs then please PM me.

My route (only using A/B roads) and itinary is :

Day 1 - Leaving London 09:30 and onto Exeter.
Day 2 - Exeter to Helston by 09:00, collect eggs, give to recipients and then onto Barry in Wales.
Day 3 - Barry to Tenby by 09:00, collect eggs, give to recipients and then travel to Scottish Borders (got nowhere to stay yet :augie).
Day 4 - Scottish Borders to Berryden (Aberdeen) by 10:00, collect eggs, give to recipients and then to Hawick.
Day 5 - Hawick to Lincoln (rest day).
Day 6 - Lincoln to Attleborough (rest day).
Day 7 - Attleborough to Great Yarmouth by 09:00, collect eggs, give to recipients and then back to London (Holborn) for the finish, hopefully by 15:00.

I would like to say a big THANKS to the Tossers for giving me a bed for the nights and the person who offered to ride along part of my route with me. I will mention them personally post event.

Don't forget, PM me if you would like to donate to my fund to buy Easter eggs or donate to Comic Relief HERE

WELL DONE JOE AND GOOD LUCK

Your Red Nose Charity account has increased by £20 :)

Well done Joe and good luck. :clap :thumb2

Regards,

Richard. :)

P. S.

I ticked the box for the tax free gift aid thingy.

Back
Top Bottom