headstock lead for zumo 220?

seadog

Reaction score
i need to pick the experts brains!

i would like to use a zumo 220 on my 54 1200gs, now the 220 is a rechargeable battery type, will it be possible to charge the unit whilst in use?

if possible to do this i would like to use the headstock outlet for this if someone can let me know which male plug type is needed.

or would it be easier to just run a cable from the power outlet left side of seat?

all input appreciated, even if its to call me stooopid:thumb

cheers
mike

Hi
i need to pick the experts brains!

i would like to use a zumo 220 on my 54 1200gs, now the 220 is a rechargeable battery type, will it be possible to charge the unit whilst in use?

if possible to do this i would like to use the headstock outlet for this if someone can let me know which male plug type is needed.

or would it be easier to just run a cable from the power outlet left side of seat?

all input appreciated, even if its to call me stooopid:thumb

cheers
mike

Hi Stooopid

I've got an F800GS, so not totally sure on your bike. But, from memory, you have 2 options. 1; use the Canbus plug which is down under the headstock. Just needs a connector from your local BMW dealer, and follow the 'wiring GPS' thread elsewhere on here, this turns off a couple of minutes after turning the ignition off. Or 2; plug it into your 12v socket (also turns off a couple of minutes after turning off ignition).

Last edited:
thanks for the reply. i couldnt find the wiring thread before, but now have so will follow suit with the canbus option

many thamks

mike

Back
Top Bottom