ACU club Membership

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Each time we enter an ACU club event we have been paying a one day membership fee in addition to a one day ACU licence fee.

I don't think we do enough events to justify the cost of a full ACU licence as I think it requires a doctors report which is expensive (plus in my case it might be complicated with the amount of medication I'm on).

However, for the club membership it just asks that you are a member of ANY ACU club. So my question is: Can you just join your local ACU club and then you are free to enter other clubs events be they trials or enduro?

Depends. If you are doing trials then all you need is trials registration. If you want a road race licence then on first application you may need a doctors report. Check theacu website all the details are there.

A lot of the events are run by clubs and are run as closed to club events. You will need to check each clubs supplementary regs which states competitor eligibility. This varies from club to club. Some will insist on being a member of the club, some will ask you to be a member of a club in your local acu centre.

Best thing is to contact a club and ask. They will be more than willing to advise.

It might be worth checking what's required for a full licence Sid as it varies depending on the type of event the licence is for. e.g. my hill climb/sprint licence doesn't require a med report of any sort, just a simple one page form to fill in.

For me it works out cheaper too if I have a proper licence and club memebership (as opposed to sorting it at every event) and compete at three or more events a year.

Andres

Licence application forms are available to download from the ACU website, they specify whether you need a medical to get a particular licence. For instance, I have an MX/Enduro/Trials licence, which I didn't need a medical for.
HTH
Mark

No matter what licence you apply for, you still need to be a member of an ACU affiliated club. As a club official has to sign your application form.

You don't need a medical for a licence for Trials, Enduros and Trail Bike Rallies but you do need to be a member of an ACU club to get you lisense application form signed.

Membership of WTRA (we organise the Snowrun Enduro, the Red Kite Enduro, the Red Kite Rally and the Cambrian Rally and a few road based social events) is £5 a year and as WTRA is a non-territorial club membership is accepted for entries to quite a few other club events in Wales.

Just sent off application for a local-ish club, and ACU, club membership £15/year and ACU for trials £10/year.

Surely thats got to make some sense.

I did a "self analysis " medical form, which you get online and print off.

Part of the whole medical thing is to cover both you and the sport as a whole.

You do not want to have an epileptic seizure halfway up Ben Nevis, or go into a Keto-Acidotic coma down a valley with no recovery access...... or even better, take a "white route" on a trials club event because you are colour blind or badly sighted.

Back
Top Bottom