Just bought one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The smudger

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, just bought an R1200RT. Its an ex-police one, 49000 miles. Pick it up next week, love em, cant wait!!!!!

1200RT

Enjoy. I've had the 1100RT and more recently the 1200RT. Really enjoyed both. The only reason I got rid of my RT was that I couldn't justify having an RT and a GSA at the one time !! ( I could justify it but my better half wouldn't let me :):) )

OK, got the bike. Rides really well, engine/gearbox pulls strong & clean. Everything works well, brakes stop on a sixpence!

Overall, very pleased. I am converting it back to a 'Civvy' bike. Initial sums worked out that i will need to spend £6-700 on it, although it will always be an 'Official' bike.

I was thinking of doing a 'Step by Step' pictorial guide to the conversion, would anyone be interested?

Bottom line is i 'should' end up with a decent 1200RT 49,000 miles, reg'd 04/07 for less than £5000.

Only potential downside is all the 'official' bikes have a low spec. Mine has ABS, Heated Grips only but hey-ho, at least i wont be looking at any expensive repair bills for 'toys' that are rarely used....:augie

Sounds good but finding good cheap bits may be difficult, good luck with the project :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom