1100GS front wheel bearing question

MarkShelley

Very similar to Paolo Maldini
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
yes it is usual. the alloy wheels don't use same LHS bearing as the spoked wheels and the bearing for the alloys don't need any spacer. check realoem.com

yes it is usual. the alloy wheels don't use same LHS bearing as the spoked wheels and the bearing for the alloys don't need any spacer. check realoem.com

A useful site that.
The right hand bearings are the same in both the ally and spoked wheels
The alloy left hand bearing is specified as 20x47x20.6
The spoked left hand bearing is 25x52x20.6
Ok then, I now know I can`t just put a spoke type bearing in the ally wheel or use the spacer from the spoked wheel as it will not fit in the ally bearing.
If the rest of you guys who have done this wheel swap have had no problems I am now starting to think that the `new` speedo drive I have is probably from an 1100RS, not 1150RS as the 1100RS has the same bearings and that internal spacer as the 1100GS. This means that the speedo drive internal spacer should be a bit longer on the 1150.
Has anyone got one they could measure for me please and either tell me the overall length of the tube or put a straight edge across it and tell me how much the spacer protrudes toward the inside? :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom