Waiting to ride the new grid

kirkyworld

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have bought my first GS this month, it's a 52 plate 1150 in Blue & white. I have spent a week fiddling in the garage and look forwards to my first ride on Tuesday (yes that's right I haven't even tried it yet) I had it delivered from a bike dealers up north so haven't even test ridden it yet any tips?
Mark

Greetings & salutations, welcome to the site....:thumb2

Tips....get to know the bikes lay out, switch gear etc, then when you go out, take it steady and get to know her...shouldn't take too long, and then you can have some proper fun....:D

Welcome
Tip Do not bet on 3 legged mules in a steeplchase
Tip Blip the throttle when sitting on the bike with both feet on ground. Feel the slight lurch to the right and after that forget about it as you will not notice it once riding

Greetings & salutations, welcome to the site....:thumb2

Tips....get to know the bikes lay out, switch gear etc, then when you go out, take it steady and get to know her...shouldn't take too long, and then you can have some proper fun....:D

Hiya, +1 to Keith's suggestions. The switchgear is as perverse as the styling, so a bit of stationary practice will get you dialled in, so you're not distracted on the move.

Check the oil window (just in front of gear lever) regularly.

Open your mind to a unique & extraordinary motorcyling experience!!!

Enjoy.

1150GS

All good advice, not so obvious check your footing not sure what you have been riding but when i went up in the world so did the saddle height, feel good on the flat but with road undulations and cambers be sure of your footing!

Happy biking

Badger

Back
Top Bottom