Tossers in the Llandegla Trial

Timolgra

reformed
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Fantastic trial today with a good turnout of a few tossers, some interesting bikes.
I stuck with the easy route to put yesterdays training into practice and only dropped one point out of 40 sections but may have missed a marker by mistake on one section:blast

Ferret did well, Earthmover looked to have a good result and Denise had her first finish....even Spout turned up to spectate, although can't buy a bike until he's paid for his missus's new teeth:confused::D

Ange took some vids which are here and I'll put some of her photos up later:thumb

There's a couple of stop/starts which are deliberate where one section finishes and another starts:thumb

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PCQlTl5RhHI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PCQlTl5RhHI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Here's a few photo's, some are a bit fuzzy but we can blame Ange for that:D

First trial on my Fantic, I love it!
1207585877_Duf5b-XL.jpg

1207583792_2g2NX-XL.jpg

1207573604_Nj6MQ-XL.jpg

1207570436_7QqiS-XL.jpg

1207537820_QPAKy-XL.jpg

Very slippy in places
1207527665_NoD26-XL.jpg

1207523583_BVsZw-XL.jpg

It was just about here I lost my one and only point:blast
1207506256_bWRTe-XL.jpg

I had the option of using the yellow route here which had much more grip to get some speed up...
1207502086_YBzaW-L.jpg

...to get out of the gulley:)
1207496984_bLp6d-XL.jpg

Cool pics, looks like a great day out for you guys too.

It was an excellent day! My one point should actually have been two, the observer on section 5 mustn't have seen my dab on the last lap. :augie
Denise is tired but very happy, the coaching day with Russ has brought her on immensely, she's already planning for the next one!
Mark

Thats HARDCORE, never had people shooting at you at the finish before.

Fantastic ivokes so many teenage memories hours trials/trail riding.

BRILLIANT STUFF guys, thats a true SUNDAY motorbiking hobby none of this dashing about thinking your an ENDRUO GOD, thats it I`m off now looking :D

I was driving through Llangollen yesterday lunchtime, I spotted a trials bike and car parked on the east side of town and I wondered if you were all playing somewhere close, shame I missed you, it would have been a great diversion of a very boring journey.

Shep

Thats HARDCORE, never had people shooting at you at the finish before.

Llandegla Gun club is on the other side of the road, the shooting goes on all day, just the intensity varies.
I said to one of the observers "that banging could get on your t*ts quite quickly, couldn't it?"
"Yes, It has!" he replied "I'm bringing ear defenders next time!"
Mark

......and only dropped one point out of 40 sections ......

I saw that!

Not quite a Cuckoo Waltz moment though :D

Excellent machine control shown by all the GS brigade. :clap A few "oops" moments of course :D

Grand day out (if a little chilly for the spectators) with lots of interesting machinery to ogle (and hear).

Recommended as a day out (bacon butties and brews available).

Denise's Sherco wouldn't start after warming it up on Sunday morning, and fuel was pi**ing out og the carb overflow. This put me in a proper strop, as I am responsible for mechanical matters, and obviously hadn't done my job properly. :rolleyes:
Now this bike was a bargain off ebay, so I have been expecting trouble at some point, just didn't need it at the start of a trial! The float level had needed adjusting when I first picked it up, but I didn't expect to need to do it again. As it was a veritable PITA, I didn't relish doing it, and certainly not in the middle of a field! Whipping the plug out revealed part of the problem, a flake of paint across the electrodes. :eek The previous owner had resprayed the tank at some point, and had done so without covering the opening. I could see a couple of loose bits of paint in the tank, but couldn't fish them out. Dropping the float bowl plug revealed some more debris, so I emptied that, put it all back together, and crossed my fingers!
Happily, it ran perfectly for the rest of the day, and I have time to put it right. Taking the tank off last night and decanting the fuel left me with this lot:

1209797839_h7oL8-M.jpg

Excuse the dodgy photo, and the pound coin was put there by me to add scale. All the white bits are paint flakes, lucky the bike ran at all!
Mark

Amazing the paint had found it's way to the plug!

Excellent morning out:thumb, great vids and pics Ange, certainly room for improvement although have to say i did better than i thought:comfort, had a terrible swollen face, went to A& E Sunday afternoon and got admitted, just out today after 3 days of antibiotics.
Hopefully see you all at the next one:thumb2

I thought you rode very nicely and the bike looked fantastic!
Sounds like you've been in the wars, hope all's getting better now:beerjug:

Here's some more photos taken from the club website:)

Denise looking well in control.
1211754435_2uYnt-O.jpg

Mark/Earthmover
1211754706_MCTyX-O.jpg

1211754572_GLoB7-O.jpg

Ferret looking good:thumb
1211754501_zKPEg-O.jpg

Some old guy:D
1211754448_CjsMS-O.jpg

Someone getting it wrong:blast
1211754608_vDVc4-O.jpg

Some little git who's already very good:mad::D
1211754643_cLixB-O.jpg

Very nice Triumph twin:cool:
1211754678_sDKMs-O.jpg

British Iron:)
1211754467_hSf9M-O.jpg

Moz, more at home on the IoM TT course but looking good on this rigid Bantam.
1211754591_Mxg97-O.jpg

Back
Top Bottom