Belfast to The Alps in June

davieboy

Reaction score
Hi All

We are a motorcycle club in Belfast and we are at present planing a trip to the Alps , taking in Stelvio Pass ect, we are flying out to Geneva on Sunday the 19th June and flying back into Dublin on Saturday 25th.

Our bikes are being transported to Geneva By two of our members(both HGV Class one Licences) , using a hired truck.

We have worked out we have room for 16 Bikes , up to now we have 10 people booked and have paid for the flights. This is an open invitation to anyone wishing to join us on the trip , all information is available from our club secretary bolta1@hotmail.co.uk

Anyone wishing to join us from the mainland , bikes can be picked up by the truck on the route between Hollyhead and Dover.

Regards David

Hi All
Im Andy the secretary, here is some more info, on the 1st day we intend to ride from Geniva to Livigno (Italian Alps) and stay there as our base for 5nights, and do runs each day of about 250mile. Dave and Myself have stayed at the hotel before and it is giving us a very good rate for B+B and a packed lunch to take with us each day (to keep the costs down) see the link below for the hotel. Livigno attracted us for a number of reasons, it is TAX FREE so fuel is a fraction of the cost here in the UK and the location to alot of good Alpine passes.
E,mail me at the address above and i will forward you a presentation with all the info you need including a breakdown of costs.
www.alpi-hotels.com

The Alps

Yes it is fantastic riding on the GS myself and Andy traveled to Bulgaria From Belfast in 2009 taking in the Alps along the way , total riding in 14 days 5200, we stayed in Livingo, nice we spot.

David

Here is a breakdown of the trip itinery inc costs etc.
Ship the bikes to the French side of Geneva airport. (Truck leaves on Thurs 16th June.)
Sun 19th June,Fly Dublin to Geneva (Aer Lingus).Ride from Geneva to Livigno (Italian Alps) 292miles.
Base ourselves in Livigno for 5 nights.
Ride a loop each day covering 2 or 3 different Alpine passes (250 - 300miles)
Fri 24th June Ride back to Geneva, load the bikes up, stay overnight just outside Geneva and fly back the next morning.
(anyone wanting to come along from the UK we can pick your bike up on the way through, just drop me an e,mail)

Accommodation
Is in the TAX FREE town of Livigno staying at The Hotel Le Alpi.
B+B and packed Lunch for the next day = Euro34 (£28.33p) per night
Petrol costs 32cents a litre (28p). = £2.80 for 100miles riding :thumb

Costs
Freight £156
Flight £112
Accommodation 5 nights £141
Road tolls no more than £50
Vignette (Swiss road tax) £33
Fuel ??? £120
Hotel on last night in Geneva £35
Total £647
Additional to the above, each rider will need to organise there own breakdown cover and personal insurance.

I was interested in staying at The Hotel Le Alpi sometime around the 2nd week in june. However after emailing them about availability of accomodation, their reply was:

Hello
At the moment we are not completely sure to be open on that dates.
In any case Livigno and us won’t be full in that period so you can also book just one week before your arrival.
I’m sorry for this but I haven’t finished my plan for the summer.

Hi Nora
I have been talking to the owner over the last month or so and he he was more than happy to take our booking. And has been very helpfull with all aspects of our trip, i was there in June 2009 and it was just fine.
His name is Mauro and can be contacted below
lealpi@alpi-hotels.com
Tel: +39 0342 996 408

Hope this helps .

Have pinged you an email. I won't know till closer to the time whether I will have the time, so I'll keep an eye on this in case there's a spare slot before you go.

Justin.

Thanks Andy, info tucked away for nearer the time. I have a job interview on Friday which, if I get it, will see me starting around then, so hopefully will know reasonably soon.

Mr Magicfingers
Good luck with the interview.

Nora
You could be right, he has done us proud with the deal he has given us.

Update, after having a trail run at loading the trailer with a few bikes today we can actualy get another 2 bikes on, so thats 18 in total, if anyone else is interested in joining us just drop me an e-mail or PM.

Back
Top Bottom