Can Anyone Make This for me?

Magwych

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I need a spanner made for a 10 sided fork cap, 50mm across the flats.

The caps are made of alloy, so I would like to use something softer than mild steel to prevent marking the flats. I am guessing it needs to be cut from 3-4 mm hard alloy?

Anyone out there able to help?

The forks are Sachs 48mm US, in case anyoen has the proper tools they want to sell?

Attachments

• MySpanner.jpg
    MySpanner.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 534
my daughters boyfriend Tim makes all kinds of stuff from alloy or stainless using a very expensive water cutting machine..

Contact him on timjackson1977@gmail.com

or 07907 457174
hw may well be able to help

tell him Big Derek sent you

Big D :}

Big Derek's daughter's boyfriend appears not to be up for this.

No-one else has come forward, so I will do it the hard way by cutting it by hand from sheet metal.

Does anyone have an off-cut of a hard alloy, 3-4mm thick at least 60mm wide and more than 150mm long they want to sell ?

what about the BBQ making bloke he's got a CNC laser cutting thingy

I can cut the 2d shape no probs. It would leave a slight radius (2mm) on the inside corners of the hex, that could be dressed with a file.

I only have brass though so you'd need to supply the hard ally:thumb2

Shep

what about the BBQ making bloke he's got a CNC laser cutting thingy

There is another factor ... I hoped to get it done for less then £50 ! He said he was unlikely to be able to do it for less than that; hence the appeal to Greater Tosserdom.

I can cut the 2d shape no probs. It would leave a slight radius (2mm) on the inside corners of the hex, that could be dressed with a file.

I only have brass though so you'd need to supply the hard ally

Thanks Shep, getting the material is another problem ...

Back
Top Bottom