Touratech Wind Deflector

Vampire

On the recommendation of a previous post, I purchased the wind deflector from Touratech. Great device, I can ride with my visor up at any speed (well, I've only been up to 140 kph with it), and my pillion reports almost a total absence of turbulence behind me, whereas previously she was complaining of buffeting.
But as mentioned in the earlier post, the device attaches with a simple over-the-centre lock mechanism, and can be easily removed by the less savoury members of the population.
So I detached the metal bracket (3 small bolts), and bolted the perspex deflector directly onto the GS screen using 4 5x20mm stainless steel bolts. I retained the rubber feet, threading the bolts through them, and used nylon washers on the inside.
Still works great and is more secure.
As for the relative aesthetics, I will leave that to your own opinion.
Since I haven't worked out how to attach two photos to the one post, this first one is the 'before', and the 'after' is on a second post.

Attachments

• touratech - before.jpg
    touratech - before.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2,091
Vampire said:
[the 'after' is on a second post. [/B]
This is how it looks after removing the metal bracket and affixing directly with four bolts.

Attachments

• touratech - after.jpg
    touratech - after.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,695
How does it look from the front? And how tall are you?

That looks so much better. At least you can now see the road ahead.

Captain Scarlet said:
How does it look from the front? And how tall are you?
I am 6'0" and when two-up, ride with the seat in the high position. Here is a front view photo of the revised fitting.

Attachments

• t 002.jpg
    t 002.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,427
Of course, you can plug up the unused holes with your club badge, but then again, maybe not.

Attachments

• t 004.jpg
    t 004.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,270
So it's a semi permanent part of your screen now right?

I have my doubts on keeping something like that on, at all times.

If you need it permanent, a new full tall screen would be a better option.

It does look ok (I did wonder on if the touratech attachment thingy distracts your view anyway), but a tall screen would surely look nicer than making holes in the original (!).

So can you give us any more distant photos to see the overal picture of the bike?

NLS said:
So it's a semi permanent part of your screen now right?

I have my doubts on keeping something like that on, at all times.

If you need it permanent, a new full tall screen would be a better option.

It does look ok (I did wonder on if the touratech attachment thingy distracts your view anyway), but a tall screen would surely look nicer than making holes in the original (!).

So can you give us any more distant photos to see the overal picture of the bike?

Where have you been, NLS....................?

We've missed you....................

Somebody let slip that you were moonlighting as team 'doctor' to the Greek Olympic weightlifting team.................?

Hope the rumours aren't true!

Cheers

Dutch

the Greek weightlifting team needs no doctor-in-quotes mind you

Sabanis is innocent 101% (we can discuss this in an appropriate thread, giving you the details our reporters dig out), something I am not so sure for our two sprinters (with their mafia "coach")...

NLS said:
As requested, a "more distant photo" ....

Attachments

• gs (1).jpg
    gs (1).jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 1,019
NLS said:
And again, another "distant photo" ......

Attachments

• gs (2).jpg
    gs (2).jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,126

Back
Top Bottom