Pics from our trip to Austria, Germany and Switzerland - July 2004

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Here's some pics from my trip with Andy Malton to Germany/Austria and Switzerland...............which was very wet,wet,wet..............
Andy @ WW1 Cemetery Nr Verdun

Attachments

• andy @ ww1 cemetry nr verdun.jpg
    andy @ ww1 cemetry nr verdun.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 340
Our bikes on Sustenpass in Switzerland

Attachments

• sustenpass 2.jpg
    sustenpass 2.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 302
Nr Interlaken Switzerland

Attachments

• interlaken switzerland.jpg
    interlaken switzerland.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 298
Me at the top of Sustenpass

Attachments

• jb @ top of sustenpass.jpg
    jb @ top of sustenpass.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 299
Artistic shot of a rainbow in Andermatt..............looking up towards the rain covered Furka pass

Attachments

• rainbow in andermatt.jpg
    rainbow in andermatt.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 293
Going up the Nufenpass...............water everywhere...........story of the whole trip

Attachments

• up the nufenpass switzerland 2.jpg
    up the nufenpass switzerland 2.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 286
Going up the Julierpass................before the torrential rain started

Attachments

• going up the julierpass.jpg
    going up the julierpass.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 281
Before tackling the Stelvio.................in torrential rain yet again

Attachments

• andy and me @ bottom of stelvio.jpg
    andy and me @ bottom of stelvio.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 277
We finally dried out in Austria....................briefly near Lech............then more rain in Black Forest.......!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• andy in austria.jpg
    andy in austria.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 271
PICS

How did you shrink my bike Johnny?looks really small next to yours,4th pic down.Andy

Re: PICS

andy malton said:
How did you shrink my bike Johnny?looks really small next to yours,4th pic down.Andy

Must be the camera angle......Andy!!
How are you doing.......dried out and cleaned up yet???

Doing fine John,yes all cleaned up now took nearly a week on and off to get it how I like it.Whats all this about a new bike then!are you going for it?sounds like a good deal.ATB Andy

Re: .

andy malton said:
Doing fine John,yes all cleaned up now took nearly a week on and off to get it how I like it.Whats all this about a new bike then!are you going for it?sounds like a good deal.ATB Andy

Took me a week to get it sparkling again also...............

Decided to stick with the bike I've got, after weighing it all up......

Off again next week 2up to the Dolomites and Slovenia .............hoping for better weather this time!!!!!!!!!

I hope the bloke with the big Red Thing offered to carry your luggage so you could ride the passes as they should and without emcumberence.... like a mate with something like that would... if he was a true mate of course.....

Re: Re: .

JohnnyBoxer said:
Took me a week to get it sparkling again also...............

Decided to stick with the bike I've got, after weighing it all up......

Off again next week 2up to the Dolomites and Slovenia .............hoping for better weather this time!!!!!!!!!
Jammie git,hope you have a good trip John:D

Invicta Moto said:
I hope the bloke with the big Red Thing offered to carry your luggage so you could ride the passes as they should and without emcumberence.... like a mate with something like that would... if he was a true mate of course.....

He didn't..........because he had enough luggage of his own for all of us put together............it was a case of the more you have the more you take.........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway Andy Malton doesn't believe in taking much luggage...........an Oxford Tailpack does the job for him and is all he takes..........we called it the 'Tardis'

Back
Top Bottom