after fitting y piece

TobyH

I know this has been covered over and over again but: - I have been very pleased with the smoothness etc since fitting the Y piece and I think I have done all that you have recomended in the past but fuel consumption is much worse ie. perhaps 40mpg. I re fitted lambda,removed the jumper and reset the thingy as has been described in the past. I havn't re balanced though, I just had that done at 6000miles. I know it may need it again after the mod but is it likely to make this difference? What kit vacume gauge, etc should I get as I would like to be able to keep a check?

the best tool I have found for balancing the injector bodies is the simple home made U tube device described in the Airheads Beemer Club web site, it will be more accurate than the smallest amount you can adjust the air screw or cables.

Twinmax

Get a Twinmax, its easy to use takes 10 mins to balance the TB's.

Yes you will find more fuel used with the Code plug out, this is because the fuel/air mixture is richer without the plug in, of course the performance is higher and you tend to use more throttle than you used too 'cos it goes so well.

The code plug is a jumper wire that selects one of the two fuel maps available on the UK model, the third being no code plug.

You can put the code plug back and reset the motronic and you should find your fuel consuption returns to before the Y piece was fitted but it will not go quite so well but still better than before the Y piece, I did this to experiment and found the fuel consumption retuned to normal but I like the extra OOOMMMPPPHHH without the code plug.

Is the code plug the yellow one in the middle line on the 02 GS?

We seem to have pink ones being mentioned as well as ones without the jumper etc. Can people be specific about the year bike they are discussing.

Yes it is the yellow one on more recent bikes but in any case it is central.

just re fitted jumper plug so will check fuel consumption this week, I cant imagine going anywhere in this weather but I have to work in it anyway. I'm dry stone walling at the moment!
Pam Ayres: - "I am a dry-stone-waller, all day I dry stone wall, of all appauling callings, dry-stone-wallings worst of all"

Back
Top Bottom