Ossa update

FERRET

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well after my first outing on the Ossa at the Langdegla trial a few weeks ago it was obvious that i needed to tweak the bike a bit. The main problem was probably me:augie but i also felt that the suspension was a bit on the soft side, the front suspension seemed to be sagging and bottomed out really easily and that combined with the low bars caused me to have all my weight over the front end and i was not upright enough.

So i ordered some new fork springs from Inmotion Bultaco, and a new set of 6" rise Renthals, this morning i set about fitting the above items, on removing the old springs i found that they were 3" shorter than the new ones, at this point i was a bit concerned that i may not have ordered the right ones but they fitted ok, and they immediatly transformed the bike, the front end is now sitting up well and i have far more travel, bars also fitted along with a 1" bar riser and what a transformation. I am now stood up, can see where ime going and the bike feels far more manageable, only time will tell of course:rob.

The next mod is to fit some new wide footpegs (already purchased) need some brackets welded to the frame to push the pegs back a few inches and down level with the bashplate.

Roll on the next trial:thumb

Just wait til you've done the footpegs, it'll be like a new bike:thumb

Back
Top Bottom