FREE BikeSafe Course

RILLOM

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Who says you don't get something for nothing - well almost nothing

:bounce1 :bounce1 For the 2nd year running the 2-day North Wales BikeSafe Course is FREE to anyone who hasn't done the course previously, whether you live in North Wales or not.

You also have the choice (must be stipulated when booking) of doing the First Bike on Scene [FBoS] course on the 2nd day in place of BikeSafe.

The only cost to you is the £10.00 administration charge and, if appropriate, the overnight accommodation (you need to sort this yourself).

For further information and to book your place follow this link http://www.bikesafe.co.uk/Police-Forces/North-Wales.aspx :thumb2

April Courses fully booked - next available dates are 14/15 May

It's a trap isn't it? We all ride into North Wales to take part in a "safety course" and are instantly arrested, questioned for hours and our bikes crushed before a falsified report gets sent to ACPO in order to brief MPs on the fact we all had firearms, no road tax and human body parts in our panniers. :augie
Oh, hang on, you've got a new chief constable now haven't you? In that case might look at one of these.. :thumb

It's a trap isn't it? We all ride into North Wales to take part in a "safety course" and are instantly arrested, questioned for hours and our bikes crushed before a falsified report gets sent to ACPO in order to brief MPs on the fact we all had firearms, no road tax and human body parts in our panniers. :augie

I think you've been here before :JB

North Wales Roads

Oh, hang on, you've got a new chief constable now haven't you? In that case might look at one of these.. :thumb

On second thoughts - don't bother - stay at home & leave the cracking roads & scenery for us to enjoy and appreciate !! :thumb

I always suspected that must have been the real motivation for the policing choices of the last few years up there. ;-)
*Looks out of window as sunny Cotswolds and lack of North Walian "hospitality"* - okay, it's a deal.

Bikesafe

Well interested, i'll see if i can get the Bride to come along and make a weekend of it :bow

OK - another unashamed hijack.

If the excellent North Wales BikeSafe is too far, consider us. £20 gets you the £10 admin fee, plus 2 lunches - we aint making money.

http://www.bikesafe.co.uk/Police-Forces/Gloucestershire.aspx

Ride to the cotswolds a fair bit,some fantastic roads there!!
BUT................... having done a "few" bikesafes,passed IAM and RoSPA Gold and done loads of other training including class 1 training - what can i get out of these courses now? - not saying im gods gift to riding but tend to get the bikesafe guys/instructors to be nit picky when getting assessed!
:thumb

Ride to the cotswolds a fair bit,some fantastic roads there!!
BUT................... having done a "few" bikesafes,passed IAM and RoSPA Gold and done loads of other training including class 1 training - what can i get out of these courses now? - not saying im gods gift to riding but tend to get the bikesafe guys/instructors to be nit picky when getting assessed!
:thumb

I did a Bikesafe course with Martyn's mob recently and found it brilliant, I also attended a safer biking course he was running about 15 years ago, both were great.

I have also joined their local IAM club (Aren't they lucky) to take it a step further this time.

Bikesafe is not aimed at those with advanced training, and probably the people that are likely to gain the most are those that are least likely to attend :blast

Assuming you are not already ROSAP / IAM accredited and have done nothing other than your test give it a go, a couple of Sundays away from the Mrs / GF / BF talking bikes, learning something useful and going for a ride, with a lunch thrown in - all for £20, you gotta be crazy not to go.

I know Bikesafe isnt aimed at advanced riders, but quick word with the nice policeman and we do " a bit more" ;) than the usual stuff!!

Ive done a shed load of training but am of the camp of -there is always more to learn and a better way to do it!!

Done my rospa gold and iam various advanced courses,extra training,police training, Ride magazine feature, trackdays, run a web group to help other riders improve , ex dsa instructor .............blah blah blah.............

Had a day out with Rapid for Ride feature and it changed my riding style slightly , for the better, positioning for overtakes is now more police style rather than the old IAM way! :thumb

A cheap day out is always good,better if you learn something!! :D

Back
Top Bottom