Britains best biking road

MATKAT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
well, I found it....................yes in Scotland, with 8 pals all riding sports bikes. A 307 mile round trip based on Aviemore with long sections of twisties, sustained miles of 130 mph plus (of course we were not doing that) amazing scenery, brilliant single track and undoubtedly lots of off road stuff, well on a G/S anyway !!!!!
No not telling as before you know it it would be in one of the biker mags, and then hey presto Gatsos, police and all the other stuff.
Anyway, brilliant week with brilliant weaTHER, if only the dreaded scottish midge would become extinct..............oh and I was on my trusty VFR.................the ultimate sports/tourer.
Dood'

Honda STX 1300
Honda VFR
BMW 80/7
BMW 80/7 with watsonian chair
and my favorite................80G/S :D

No not telling as before you know it it would be in one of the biker mags, and then hey presto Gatsos, police and all the other stuff.

So the point of this post was????

:dabone

scotland.... a week of brilliant weather.....................BLUFF!!!!:eek:
2 hours of brilliant weather would be amazing!

bluff

ok so it did rain once or twice...............but oh the midges, but it was sunny honest....................of course I could let you know the route.but then every man and his dog would be on those roads !!!
Dood':p

Fred

First VERN and now "NOT a DROP" calling you a TOSSER!!!!!!

Are you getting a complex my friend !!!!!!!!

Regards

Howie :tosser

I ride a proper G/S

naah, no complex Howie.there just challenged because i have a few well kept secrets, of course i'd be happy to set up a ride for a a few discerning proper G/S ers.the para/tele/ heavyweights would struggle to keep up anyway.you need a light graceful machine to traverse these roads............................especially with the extra oomph of a siebenrock kit.................
anyway I thought folks liked riding up the M6 and stuff.
As for me a tosser.naah I just bemuse and confuse people anway
But i do wish someone could turn me up a P/D tank then I would spill the beans on this mega ride I have of 307 miles exactly from Rothiemurcus lodge................
oh, and yes I can be hurt
:D
Dood':beerjug:

Thats the spirit mate, being an individual

All the best mate and happy riding

regards

Howie;)

Fred,

You miss a particularly fine point. You don't have to get so uppity about those great roads, Almost every road in Scotland with an 'A' before it is fantastic (A9 excluded) and most 'B' roads a damn spiffy also.

Timing is everything, I regularly go to Aberdeen from Glasgow via Fort William and INverness and back via Glenshee. Mid week no traffic or cops.

You live in Worcs, I can go and find your 'secret' roads anytime I like.

hehehehehehe :p

you lucky Tosser !!

:D
well as you know it so well ~~~~~~~~~~ Arrochar to Aviemore (via Crieff and Aberfeldy) then up to Altnaharra and Durness then to Gairloch and Red Point and on to Torridon then to to Shiel Bridge and on the little road and eventually ferry to Skye, then down the road (via the Otter sanctuary)and the ferry across to Mallaig ........... Into Moydart to Kilchoan and the ferry across to Tobermory.and via Salen to Fionnphort and on to Craignure and on the boat to Oban down to Lochgilphead and finally to Arrochar................aint a bad ride then.:D :D :beer:
Dood'

Fred Doodey said:
A 307 mile round trip based on Aviemore

Amazing, just plumbed in all the points you mention and 'Autoroute' says it's 780 miles......:confused: which does seem more like it.....one hell of a days ride oot for sure!

CC

:cool:

oops

sorry forgot the original thread and got sidetracked, the route I was referring to was the one I did on the GS at the end of September with Allison !!!
The original thread was for a trip I did on my VFR .the 307 miles was from Aviemore towards Ullapool, back in there to Torridon, out at Lochalsh back up 5 sisters and then to Newtonmore and back to Aviemore, try that the mileage might be closer !!:beer:

Back
Top Bottom