Staintune

Arthurwg

Reaction score
I just fitted a Staintune muffler to my 1200GS. It's beautifully made and fits perfectly. It's not as loud as I expected, not as loud as the Staintune set-up I had on my R1100S, but that had the full system with cat eliminator. Perhaps the cat acts as a pre-muffler? I'll add the cat eliminator and front pipes when they become available. For sure it will look better than the ugly pipes that came with the bike. Still, the new sound is a big improvement over the sewing machine noise of the stock system. And it must be 12 lbs lighter! I couldn't believe the weight of the stock muffler.

Hi,

Picked up my R1200Gs last week here in Guernsey, Channel Islands.

I like the look and quality of the Staintune stuff and tracked down a supplier and e-mail address of staintune.co.uk on the net.

I asked for some info/prices quite some time ago but they have not bothered to reply. Does anyone know where to get them in UK?

You wouldn't happen to know if it fits ok under the standard pannier?

Not sure about the kit, but it will be good to see another 1200GS around!

Good Luck wirth Jacksons

My brother has just bought the Adventure 1150GS - he's persuaded me that we should go to SPC in UK for servicing after first service.

See you out there!

Yes, the Staintune fits under the standard pannier bag. But the bag and mount alignment may have to be adjusted slightly. Also, BMW now has an improved, retro-fit heat shield for the left pannier, which is now available under warranty.

Back
Top Bottom