Salisbury Plain

Interesting article - that explains why we chased on Sunday then! however, once they did catch up with us we gently informed them that we were sticking to the by way's and they quietly carried on with their business and left us alone. Personally, I am pleased that they are checking, this way they can crackdown on the bikes that are riding on their illegally and potentially spoiling it for the rest of us.

Yes, as Guy says, we were chased by a police car, which appeared from nowhere and none of our eight GSers were even cautioned because we were on a legal Byway Open To All Traffic, as I pointed out to the officer, who was in a proper police car.
A difficulty with the plains, is that there are millions of graded tracks and they are not signposted and are not all 'BOATS'
Obviously they had some sort of operation on last weekend, and I wonder where they were hiding. Perhaps they were in contact with Apache helicopters :)
Sent using Tapatalk :)

p.s I also expect, with my paranoia head on, that sites like this are monitored and for sure on occasions, this site has been contacted about off-road issues, especially relating to the plains. I clearly listed my ride route , with personal instructions about behaviour to all riders, but nevertheless, maybe they were just out there by chance.Well never know.
This is an area of 300sq miles and we do not want to spoil it, or spoil it for the wildlife or the available access to riders, or walkers.:D

Back
Top Bottom