K100RS electrical fault.....

CrashOverride

Reaction score
I know it's not an RT but I thought this was the closest forum, basically my friend has an ageing K100RS that he's got an electrical fault on, sometimes the bike wont start (not even turning over) sometimes the lights etc wont work.

this is copied and pasted from his text....

91 K100RS 16v. Intermitant fault. Electrical fault. Some times the lights work and sometimes not. When not, the bike needs to be reving hard for them to iluminate, fine for when your on the move, but when stopping, all lights and indicators turn off. Battery is earthed and only started after having new break pads and master cylinder replaced.

So what do you guys think? any ideas I can chuck his way? :nenau

Mods....please feel free to move if you feel there's a more appropriate place for this thread :thumb2

James

I know from experience that the k100 can do funny things electricly I had one. I cannot see any connection with the work on the brakes. I had some funny electrical problems which were cured by replaceing the starter. Weired but true. JJH

Thanks bumpmuncher, that gave me something to search for and it does sound like it could be the starter brushes, apparently they are an earthing point for some of the relays :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom