Bought a Husaberg ....

PaulXC

Reaction score
Been looking to buy a second-hand lightweight trail bike for about a year or so - in fact since last summer when I went out with the Pogo boys in the Peaks and spent all day hauling the lardy XC up nasty, tight rocky tracks.

Had been thinking about maybe a G450x or even a KTM 400 / 450 but then fell for the Husaberg FE390.

So ... as it happens, I was down near Tewkesbury a few weeks ago and thought I'd call in to AMS ... just to have a look you know, not to buy anything.

But somehow I ended up buying a brand spanking new FE450. 'tis a 2010 model so they did me a massive price reduction on it. Got a power map switch fitted so I can tame it if need be, hand-guards and bar risers chucked in with deal.

Gonna hang on to the XC and maybe soften it down a bit for more of a 75/25 street/trail mix.

Husa being delivered early next week!!! Can't wait :bounce1 :bounce1

Attachments

• 0018576.jpg
    0018576.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 361
  • 0018577.jpg
    0018577.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 367
  • 0018575.jpg
    0018575.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 367
New bikes all Round!

I have been thinking of an off roader too.
so i bought this!!!
690R.jpg

690R-1.jpg

I was out all day on my Husaberg 550 with Ange on her TTR we came across this gaggle at the cafe:)
p1030349-XL.jpg

The second bike leaning against the wall looks like a mighty fine bike!

:thumb

Your not wrong there Greg:thumb2

Great choice Paul now just needs to get dirty.

This is the before of a lads last week. 1 hour on the clock

DSCF2217.jpg

And After

DSCF2337.jpg

Your not wrong there Greg:thumb2

Great choice Paul now just needs to get dirty.

This is the before of a lads last week. 1 hour on the clock

DSCF2217.jpg

And After

DSCF2337.jpg

I read the thread on the Husaberg Unofficial site where I've been lurking a while. Looked like a sound weekend out. I know some of those lanes.

My is due on Friday now - was due last week but work called me away. A gentle run in The Peaks to shake it down 1st I think.

Paul

IMG_0579-1.jpg

Here's the list of bling on mine:

• Gutbucket rear spring
  • Scotts steering damper
  • 70° Racing addition fuel tank
  • Michelin mousses
  • Fan kit
  • Engine mapping selector switch
  • Front sprocket case-saver
  • Fork bleeders
  • Handguards
  • Factory sumpguard
  • Frame protection kit
  • GPS mount and wiring
  • Pivot Pegz
  • Exhaust wrap ( - might replace front section with a proper heat-shield)
  • High level rear end
  • Optimate wiring

Greg

Finally got it!

Ended up having to go and pick it up as my commitments kept getting in the way of their delivery schedule. So got it this afternoon:thumb2

Nice big box of extras with it. Lots of oils and filters and stuff.

Came with Frame guards, Power map switch and bar risers fitted by AMS ... So bolt on number plate and handguards in the morning and go for a 1st ride. :bounce1

Good chaps down at AMS particularly that James guy on sales. Sill not sure how they made any money on the price they sold me the bike at.

Now why did I agree to go out tonight ? - its still light I could have gone for that shake down ride. ....

Attachments

• husa.jpg
    husa.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 180

Back
Top Bottom