CeeBailey screen reports!

I've just fitted the Cee Bailey's screen to my bike. I ordered the one they recommend for my 6'1" height and 32" inseam: 3" taller and 2" wider. At that height I can still see over the screen very comfortably. It's very well made and a bit thicker than the stock screen. Goes on easily. At first I was concerned because the side tabs that carry the adjusters are set at a wider angle to the screen frame than stock, which makes height changes slightly more difficult. But Cee Bailey says this was done to increase tension. It seems to work, as the screen is very stable.
With the screen set about one-third down from the top, I'd say that wind noise and buffeting are 30%-40% improved, which is wonderful! I wouldn't want it any taller, but I might be tempted to try an even wider screen.

Don't know if I've done the right thing, aethetically speaking, but I've ordered a 5" taller and 4" wider clear screen from them. I'm 6ft 2" with 34" in-step.

Hopefully it'll be useful for longer motorways runs, poor weather and colder climate touring etc; but I suspect I'll swap back to stock one during the summer months.

WHAT'S YOUR IN-STEP LENGTH GOT TO DO WITH THE SCREEN ?

do you get free trousers or s'thing ?

try sitting on the seat - not standing on the pegs - i find buffetting much reduced this way.

jeez - some people ?

It alters the geometry of your reach, altering the pitch of your back and ergo your head height - jeez Oz guy's eh? :)

bollox does it. !

the 4 main things that cause screen turbulence to be a perceived problem in the riders HEAD region are :

torso height - top of head to arse.
arm length - head position front to back
screen pitch - angle of flow.
handlebar adjustment

inside leg length has NO effect on where you put your arse to within 2 inches - forward and back - on a std seat.
Seat profile controls that.

Arm length controls fwd back of head -
torso controls height

inside leg length is for trousers.

if someone asks for the ins leg length then all they MAY be doing is extrapolating the information.

otherwise they're p!ssing in the wind - so to speak.

Sit in a chair, canter slightly forward with arms out. i.e. in a riding position.

Now raise and lower your legs. See how the movement in your hips has a slight affect on the angle you carry your back/bollox?

This will raise or lower your head an inch or two depending on your height. So the key things are:

- seat height (I use the lower setting despite being tall)
- physical height (I'm 6ft 2")
- riding stance (seat, bars, reach, pegs, in-step ratio determined)

i.e. In-step - because the longer the leg the more upright you'll sit ergo more air you'll hit.

Sorry I clearly should have been more pedantic and given you my arm length too - because this is a fundamental factor in determining torso angle in relation to riding stance as observed above.

If you disagree, like I care? :eek: jerkit

now now...

Extrapolating would be the key word I believe...

As the height from your bum to your head can be fairly accurately measured by taking your height and subtracting your leg-length...

.. No need for any aggression - and if you're not buying, why does it matter anyway...?!

GROUP HUG!! GROUP HUG!!! :rolleyes:

Stop Joking Joker! :)

Anyway arm-length tip-to-tip equates to your actual height. And hand-span equates to your.... anyone bored yet?

Captain Scarlet said:
Anyway arm-length tip-to-tip equates to your actual height. And hand-span equates to your.... anyone bored yet?

Nobody has mentioned the elbow angle... ?!? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

;)

Now raise and lower your legs. See how the movement in your hips has a slight affect on the angle you carry your back/bollox?

err - nope - not if my feet stay on the footpegs.

all that happens is the angle of the upper leg lowers with the drop in knee height.

pegs are always in the same position.

head hasn't moved.

elbows bent = arm length

I'm more motocrosser stylie myself Joker with elbows held high and loose.

However, this in turn affects wrist angle. Did I mention wrist angle?.... :)

All very funny. But the reason I mentioned my inseam length is that Cee Bailey thinks it's important and calculates screen height with both numbers.

It's interesting I suppose... but what about the distance from tank to crotch? Surely this would affect the whole equation and depend on the length of your... (Okay I'll get my coat :))

See (re: Arthurwg) hyowge rasp up yours mista martin moto! :)

Surely your confusing the GS with an inline six which locks you into one position irrelevant of seat height and peg position? :)

Seriously, if people think leg length is important outside of the catwalk then it is to them, else ignore irrelevant rantings by us self-opinionated numpties!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom