Hi,

Henryk

Reaction score
Hi,

I have joined the group a few weeks ago but only now I noticed this site... :mmmm

Just a few months ago I bought F650 GS(03).
I have been planning to get this bike for quite some time mainly because I heard good things about it.
But the real reason why is because I am planning a trip to Mongolia this summer and I needed a bike that was capable of ridding on and off road, and be reasonably priced and 650 ticked most of the boxes :)

I am doing this trip alone but if anyone by any chance heading that direction in July please let me know!

Thank you

Henryk

Hi Henryk, welcome to UKGSer

I have joined the group a few weeks ago but only now I noticed this site...

Well its better late than never

But the real reason why is because I am planning a trip to Mongolia this summer and I needed a bike that was capable of ridding on and off road, and be reasonably priced and 650 ticked most of the boxes :)

I am doing this trip alone but if anyone by any chance heading that direction in July please let me know!

Sounds like a trip of a lifetime :thumb2, so what made you choose Mongolia and how are the plans coming together?

BTW congrats on the new purchase, I'm sure it'll do everything you need it to and possibly a little more besides. Enjoy!

Hi Henryk, welcome to UKGSer

Well its better late than never

Sounds like a trip of a lifetime :thumb2, so what made you choose Mongolia and how are the plans coming together?

BTW congrats on the new purchase, I'm sure it'll do everything you need it to and possibly a little more besides. Enjoy!

Hi,

Thank you

It is indeed yet another trip of my life; first time on a bike though. I used to do a lot of hitch hiking, public transport, or just hiking (Europe, Africa, South Asia). This one is the biggest though as I will have someone to look after (my GS :comfort).

Why Mongolia? Mainly because it is one of those places I haven't visited yet.

My preparations going ok (or it is just my impression.. :augie), almost sorted with logistics and the gear but still looking at luggage options (I am using standard 650GS panniers) and I still need to tweak my bike a bit, additional lights, HID, crash bars, gaiters etc.
What I find really difficult is doing all this and still finding time to work...:blast

But I am soo excited...

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom