Romania - Transalpina D67C

bumble beemer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend where to stay along the Transalpina. I am paricularly interested in the towns of Jina,Dobna,Jidostina or Taubistra.

Thanks

Transfagarasan and Transalpina

Top Gear did the Transfagarasan (7c). In my opinion best done South to North. The Transalpina (67c) runs parallel to it and until recently mostly untarmaced. Now it is mostly tarmaced so has to be worth a visit ! Just need to find some accommodation on the North side.

I did Transalpina last year but did not stay anywhere near the places you mentioned. You should be able to find something on either end but don't expect accommodation along the road. There was quite a development on the south end of it with a few guesthouses being built at the time I visited and almost nothing was finished.

I am not sure I would want to stay there though. The road is awesome and the scenery is still wild but you go there to enjoy the ride and not the stay. Reserve some time to chill out on the top hills. I know some guys who did Transalpina and Transfogarasan the same day. Not that I recommend it but it just says there is no difficulty to cross it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom