Yamaha FJ1200 - talk to me.

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm off to look at an FJ1200 in an house clearence type of auction - 1989 model, has the keys.

Always liked the FJ1100 and 1200 models. Anything to be wary of and look out for.

If i get it i'll put it to use as a loan bike and sell off one or both of the GS's.

There's also a suzuki quad bike (plus VAT) and the contents of a photographic shop so keep your eyes out in the for sale section :augie

Check the brakes (often seize, typical of a Yam of its era). Um, other than that, pretty well bullet proof. Fantastic bike, loved mine to bits.

As a loan bike:eek:, you might piss your customers off as it's too easy to get into 3 digit speeds almost anywhere without realising, well it is on my FJ1100:D

Yup..had the 1200. Bullet proof and only bombed as the new era of FZR/CBR etc came onto the market. Recommended :thumb2

You can go mad with upgrades to bring them right up to date, but most just settle for slapping some blue-spot calipers on the front, a Hagon shock on the rear and some progressive fork springs with heavier oil.

Had my 1100 for 23 years now, and on 100,000 miles...

What kinda money they asking, and how many miles?

Seen the bike and you'd have to pay me to take it away. :rolleyes:

Seen the bike and you'd have to pay me to take it away. :rolleyes:

That's a pity. I am a fan of the FJ1200, I picked up a 2 owner 19k miles with history bike for £1k last autumn. They really are a lot of M/C for little money.

Back
Top Bottom