Vibration Question

RobC

Hi All,
I had my first test ride on the 1200 GS today - WOO HOO. I've never ridden a Beamer before so the first thing I had to get used to was the daft indicators. Anyway, after about 45 minutes my right hand went numb and I believe this was caused by vibrations through the handle bars. As far as I could tell the bike and engine were running smoothly and I was riding on good roads. Is this a trait of the 1200? Has anyone else noticed at all?

I don't have the chance to test ride a different 1200 and I want to make sure my 20,000 miles each year aren't done with numb hands.

Other than that I thought the bike was absolutely spiffing and I would have no hesitation in ordering one immediately....it's just a pity the piggy bank is still empty so it will have to wait until next year :(

My 1200 seemed to suffer from vibration to the extent I had to keep taking my hand off the grip. It wasn't there all the time just on longer faster runs.
I'm sure it was my set up of seat height causing me to lean in to the bars to much as I have moved the seat to the lowest setting and don't suffer any more with it.

Have Fun

AndyT:cool:

Vibes

Yes they do have a small amount of vibration at the handle bars, but no much less than the old 1150. If you have the heated grips that reduces it. I average 22,000 a year and its not a problem.

The seat on the other hand........

Ahhh...I was hoping my riding position was to blame. I didn't spend much time getting it right as I only had 1 hour for the ride. I did a 40 mile run through some fast and twisty country roads and the bike did not have heated grips so I expect you are both right. I'll be organising a longer ride in the future to sort out these niggles and have a long run on the motorway.

Back
Top Bottom