Hit from behind

Old Salt

I had a crash the this sunday,the storie goes like this
had 3 friends over from UK to do a 5 days trip in the western part off Norway,had to stop behind a car to let a car pass in the other line,due to narrow road,then suddenly I was hit from behind and I and bike fell over on the side,one of my friends tried to pass me and his handlebar hit my lefthand pannier.He was riding a RSV 1000 Mille.
He was able to continue (wobbling down the road)and when we caught up with him he was sitting at the roadside with some broken bones in his right hand.
My HB engine crashbar saved the day,only a few scratches on it.
His bike was 100% ok.
Had to fix it with the doctor and arrange transport off bike back to UK.
He had an extended AA insurance for this trip,but as I and the other understood,AA would not cover transport due to the fact that the bike was not broken,so better check your insurance when you go overseas.
He was going to take it up with AA,so I dont think the last word is said in this case.
The rest of the trip vent very well,and all got to see the better part off the fjords and mountains.They will all be back next year for a trip to NortCape.
Old Salt

Bummer. Sorry to hear that, glad you're okay. That's life I suppose...

SOunds like it could have been a lot worse....least there wasn't any oncoming traffic :)

Glad your'e ok.

Hi
Only some small scratches on the HB crashbar,painted it yesterday like new.
I can tell you that without it my valve cover would have been damaged,and I could not have continued the trip.

Old Salt

Back
Top Bottom