Hagon shocks

Haggishunter

Hi, anyone tried Hagon shocks on a R1100GS as they seem good value at £250 each. Any comments ?

Cheers
Graham

My personal view of hagon shocks is not a favourable one.
My younger brother had a 2 K100's (rs+rt),He bought Hagons for both and ended up buying second hand originals from motorworks.A few years later I was looking for a replacement shock for my CBR1000. I went to the Hagon stand at the NEC show and they assured me that standards have got better. 2 weeks and 450 miles later the back shock was spewing oil.I sent in back and fair play they sent me out a new one right a way but all this has put me off cheaper shocks for life.I have had a few probs with other cheaper shocks.

May be an unfair comparison - but anyway - a friend is currently in Turkey enroute Cape Town and his R80/100GS had a new Hagon fitted before leaving. He doesn't rate it, and it's been pissing oil out already (tarmac travels basically to date).
You pays your money and takes your chances !
Maybe later model shocks are better, or not as above !

Okay, looks as though Hagon don't get a good recommendation - oh well, time to either raid the piggy bank a bit more or try and get some better second hand ones.

Cheers

Graham

Have a shiny chrome one on my 100GS-PD looks lovely with all the other shiny bits but all who have seen it have gone - Hagon - uh-oh.

It was a big improvement over the OE but probably because it was knackered.

Howard had them fitted on his 100GS and got through more than one replacement in the 2 year warranty period - about the one saving grace I guess is the warranty - personally I'll be seeking out a nice yellow one soon.

I had a Hagon monoshocks on my old FJ. I found they lasted about 14k miles. The first was replaced and the second rebuilt both under warranty when the damping went.
It seems that road crud sticks to the rod and takes the seal out. I fitted an old inner tube to project the last one, but stopped riding it as soon as I got the GS, so I dont know if that would have solved the problem or maybe have caused the shock to overheat.
The Maxton I have on the GS has a shield inside the spring that projects the rod, so you could rig something up like that too.

Phil

Hagon? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
6000 miles a piece if you do any off road. The second one p1ssed all it's oil whilst I was in Morocco. I bounced all the way home! I got my third just as the waranty ran out. I immediately bought an Ohlins and use the Hagon as a spare. e.g. when the Ohlins needs a rebuild.
My advice is to spend that little bit more on a quality item. I think you get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom