1200GS COLOUR

ROB A

Hi has any body had there 1200 painted a different colour?and if so how much did it cost. I have the chance of a canceled order but its the wrong colour for me.
Thanks Rob

SWAP panels??

Swapping panels would be 100% easier. IF you could find a compatible swap you could have the coloUr of your choice in five minutes.

Mine came with the black seat and black side panels. I'd like to find a US rider who would like to swap out his GREY panels for my BLACK ones. The grey/yellow appeals to me a bit more than black.

Good Luck,

FN in MT

Hi Jeff the one on order for me is blue with black and I also would like to change it.

Hi is your bike yellow with grey panals?would be interested if it is
save me painting this one.
Thanks Rob

Not had the bike long so not sure. I think black. Am at work now, but will get back to you tomorrow.

I painted my R12GS Bavarian Racing Green and it turned out quite well. Total cost was about $175US.

Fortunately, there are only two pieces that need painting, and both are fairly easy to remove. Technically, the decal above the footpegs should be changed too (it's color coordinated with the paint color) but that's way too much work... :)

Why bother....

.....shuffling the shyte standard colours around when you can have any colour you like........for only £125.00, from these fine people: http://www.paint-my-bike.co.uk/

This included the two tone scheme on the side panels:Fjord Grey/Titanium Silver:

Attachments

• fjordgs05.jpg
    fjordgs05.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 620
Now that's really nice. How come BMW couldn't have come up with something like this?

Panel Swaps!!!!

Ok you IT types/Moderators !!!
Is there a way that members who want to swap panels could post the ones they have and the ones they want and location on some sort of register.???

The collective savings on repainting would be significant.

Succesful swap means a fiver to Matron from both sides to her good causes.

Everybody wins.!!!

Hi Suarvhary will swop blue for yellow if you are interested.I am
expecting the bike to be here in 1 to 2 weeks time.
Thaks Rob

Re: Panel Swaps!!!!

Desert Biker said:
Ok you IT types/Moderators !!!
Is there a way that members who want to swap panels could post the ones they have and the ones they want and location on some sort of register.???

The collective savings on repainting would be significant.

Succesful swap means a fiver to Matron from both sides to her good causes.

Everybody wins.!!!

Yes.

Start a new thread D.B.....describe what it's for and give it a sensible title that summarises what it is, then ask politely in the first post that people only post in it to swap threads.

If it's popular, it'll get new posts and stay at the top......and I'll keep it cleaned out of irrelevant stuff for you.

Give it a go...see how it flies.

HTH

Bill

ROB A said:
Hi Suarvhary will swop blue for yellow if you are interested.I am
expecting the bike to be here in 1 to 2 weeks time.
Thaks Rob

Rob,
Thanks, have emailed you.
Harv

I was at Marcel Moto in Paris (65 years in the biz !) when I saw something that surprised me a lot. A brand new blue 12GS with a shiny, almost metallic blue color... Not the dull blue that we know...
Have u heard of a new 12GS color ?

Back
Top Bottom