BMW Off Road training School - where is the best accommodation?

Intrepid Ken

I got midlife crisis and got a GS - now I can relive my youth!!

Problem!! .... I don't ride as well as I remember an my GS wants to jump on me, I'm sure of it!!!

So it I've booked in for a wee bit of training at Abercrave.

I'm sure that many of you have done the same. Sooo, who can recommend the best accommodation at Abercrave

Accomodation

I once stayed at the Abercrave Inn, was very good. We had our Christmas Team Dinner there last year and the food was good as well. Don't know if they've got any secure bike parking though.

Mike

abercrave was good and so was food. depends what you are looking for - cheap or quality? think it is good combination.

I did the final off-road course a few weeks back and stayed at the Abercrave Inn. Great food, friendly staff and very convenient given that everyone from the course has dinner at the Inn on the middle night so not far to stumble home.

They didn't have any secure parking, just ask the barman if he minds you parking your bike on the hard base beside the pub where the cellar opens (they won't mind and do appreciate being asked first).

ps the course is a blast, planning to go back next year. Biggest tip is to wear proper off road boots or at least rent them from BMW. They saved my ankle a few times.

copper beeches ...yes yes yes

The Copper Beeches is now under new management! They have redone tthe rooms and they are excellent!
The bed I slept in was amazing...more comfortable than any other bed I have EVER slept in..including the SAS Radisson in Sofia.

Appernrtlly used to be run by the Twchk'ys welsh hells angels...and was a total dive. but new people are really good.

Gavin

Re: copper beeches ...yes yes yes

gavinbell said:
The Copper Beeches is now under new management! They have redone tthe rooms and they are excellent!
The bed I slept in was amazing...more comfortable than any other bed I have EVER slept in..including the SAS Radisson in Sofia.

Appernrtlly used to be run by the Twchk'ys welsh hells angels...and was a total dive. but new people are really good.

Gavin

Well when I stayed there with Chris The twat fat in trainning, he disscribed is as a OPEN SEWER.

I would say more shithole, they would have had to have spent £250k to make even a small differance.

Thats exactly....

what the new owners said it was like when they took it over!
Had to burn all the beds!!

I was impressed....and no joke....the bed in room 4 was amazing. Pure comfort. Nice decor in the room too.

New people have the right idea, good brekky ....

Recommend it thouroughly.

Gavin

Re: copper beeches ...yes yes yes

gavinbell said:
......Appernrtlly used to be run by the Twchk'ys welsh hells angels...

When I stayed there in 2001 it was the dogs
Flea pitt :D

cb.jpg

Abercrave are full for March 24-25. Interestingly they recommended Copper Beech, so presumably they think it's OK.

However Copper Beech is also full (it's Easter weekend) so at the moment we're booked into the Ynyscedwyn Arms Hotel in Commercial St, Ystradgynlais.

Tim

Monkey business

If Copper Beech and Abercraf are full the next nearest is

Cefn-y-Erw

01639 730276

B&B and Primate Sanctuary

I stayed there 2001

2 miles from The Abercraf (easy walk down for the course meal & a taxi back is less than a fiver)

They have the biggest effin Chimpanzees I have EVER seen.

Cogs

Anyone got any up-to-date recommendations for B&B in the Abercrave area? The Abercrave and Copper Beeches are both full for the days I want.

Back
Top Bottom