1200 Tankbag Optioms

Desert Biker

:confused:
Does anybody know if the 1150 Touratech tank bag fits the 1200.
Mine ( the bag that is ) is in a container on the high seas so I wont know for a couple of weeks. If not, whats the general consensus. ?
Have tried the BMW bag and its a big mother!!
Anything tasty on the market yet that is a bit more compact. ?

Got a few more k,s on the beast now, screen seems to suffer ftom the same prob as the 1150 for me. Have ordered the spoiler, but Tobers seems to have come up with a neat and effective way of equalising the pressure behind the screen.
I eagerly await the R & D results!!!

BTW anybody heading out this way with or without bike. Ping me and I will gladly run you round the choice watering holes.!!

:beerjug:

'Shiny bit uppermost '

Hi Desert Biker,

I've fitted a Baglux tank harness on my R12GS and am currently wondering which of their bags to choose. Has anyone bought a Baglux tank bag and if so which did you go for? I'd like a smallish one myself so I can see over the top of it!!!!!

Regards

Reggie AKA The Cameraman

Reggie said:
Hi Desert Biker,

I've fitted a Baglux tank harness on my R12GS and am currently wondering which of their bags to choose. Has anyone bought a Baglux tank bag and if so which did you go for? I'd like a smallish one myself so I can see over the top of it!!!!!

Regards

Reggie AKA The Cameraman

Reggie can we have a picture of the baglux harness fitted please. They have offered me a black harness to match my 1200 but they haven't got a photo.

Hi Gazza,

if you pm me your e-mail address I'll send it by return.

Regards

Reggie

Hi Gazza,

just sent you a shot that I took at 8pm tonight.

Regards

Reggie AKA The Camerman

Got the pic Reggie thanks, just for clarification is the harness two tone yellow / silver ?

7989221-L.jpg

Hi Gazza,

the harness is all yellow with the silver side panels and covers the whole tank area (you can see the end of one of the straps right at the front of the tank above the BMW emblem). If can supply close ups if you like?

Regards

Reggie

Baglux colour options, part no's & prices.

Thank you for your enquiry. We have the following tank covers available for the BMW R1200GS:

Black Ref 1489U Price £81

Saffron Yellow/Light Grey Ref 1489A Price £86

Red/Light Grey Ref 1489B Price £86

Navy Blue/Light Grey Ref 1489C Price £86

Post & packing is £7 to most UK main land addresses.

If you would like to place an order direct please call sales line on 01745 823333

Just got my baglux tank cover & bag for my red gs1200 delivered today - they have most colours in stock - looks great...all i need is delivery of my bike now....!

Got them from Vincent at Baglux UK - great service & great gear, can'r recommend them highly enough.

Installed a TOURATECH tank bag on mine this past week. It's the standard model without a rain cover. Cost was $125 US.

It's probably 2/3 the size of the BMW bag so it looks just right on the bike. The bag appears to be well made, no flaws in the stitching I could detect. Two small zippered side pockets which are handy for glasses or a wallet.

Just letting you other R12GS owners there is another option instead of the HUGE factory tankbag.

FN in MT

Pleased to announce my T/T bag as run on my Y2K 1150 turned up in the container yesterday.

Fitted straight on the 1200 a treat. That and the topbox in the pillion slot is more than enough capacity for a trip. ( Non camping of course).

Bike just gets better.Using the 'ride it like you stole it' after the first 100 k's technique its all bedding in nicely.

Despite 40c temps the temp gauge has not risen above normal!!! Pipes are blueing up nicely allbeit a little unevenly.
Maybe a throttle body synch symptom!!!! Any wise old heads out there care to comment.

Cheers
D.B.

Just ride it.!!!!!!

Desert Biker said:
Pleased to announce my T/T bag as run on my Y2K 1150 turned up in the container yesterday.

Fitted straight on the 1200 a treat. That and the topbox in the pillion slot is more than enough capacity for a trip. ( Non camping of course).

Hi there,

Do you mean the second tank bag in the list on this link?

http://www.touratech.de/shop_uk/en-us/dept_296.html

Thinking about buying one if it fits the 1200.

thanks,

Bonj

Do you mean the second tank bag in the list on this link?

Hi Bonjeroo

Thats the one. Looks like its gone up a tad since I bought mine.

If you keep a spare visor in the front it supports it nicely. Stuff like luggage straps, syphon tube, Leatherman tool etc pad the side pockets out to divert airflow round the body. I just pop the clips and stand it on its nose on the clocks for refuelling.

Ace bit of kit and not as huge as the current BMW offering.

nadeem said:
Just got my baglux tank cover & bag for my red gs1200 delivered today - they have most colours in stock - looks great...all i need is delivery of my bike now....!

Could u give us the bag reference ? I just got mine with a bagster tank cover and it looks VERY nice !
Only thing missing now is the bag...

Baglux told me any bag with the description of:-
" Bike Type " = Road Bike; will fit. Make your selection from HERE

Back
Top Bottom