added a few hundred more miles to the odo.....

FN in MT

Took the R12GS up to Glacier National Park which is about 3 hours north west of me. Great thing with school back in session is 90% of the tourists are now home. The Park was about deserted. The weather was about perfect in the 60's and 70's (F not C) so it was a perfect couple of days.

I have to say that with 1300 miles on the new bike my overall impression could be summed up by COMPETANT. Seems no matter how you fling it into a corner or how or when you brake, it just WORKS. Had to stop for some cattle on the roadway on the Blackfoot Reservation while on a 5th gear down hill twisty and it was not even scary. Had the same situation occured on my HOG.....Would have come home owning some beef and maybe with a Hospital bill.

I DO need my Jesse panniers and some sort of tankbag. Met my wife who drove the car so my luggage arrived with her. I carreid some rain gear,tools,oil,etc in a Filson bag under a cargo net. NOT attractive but it worked.

LOVE this bike!!

FN in MT

Sounds like a good trip for the future

any pictures!!!!!!

Howie;)

I have several but have never figured out how to HOST,then post. I could e mail to anyone who is more computer literate than I.

FN in MT

Back
Top Bottom