Classic Trials

What part of the country you in Trippy?, ive done a few trials, both pre 65 and twinshock, what do you term classic?

I have to say that i have enjoyed both, but at present am prefering the twinshoch but that is mostly down to the fact that the club i have been riding with caters for all ages of bike and also standard of rider, wheras the pre 65 would only allow pre 65 british bikes and most riders had been with the club for donkeys years and were really good riders, i found it harder to relax being a novice which i think made the riding harder.

What part of the country you in Trippy?, ive done a few trials, both pre 65 and twinshock, what do you term classic?

I have to say that i have enjoyed both, but at present am prefering the twinshoch but that is mostly down to the fact that the club i have been riding with caters for all ages of bike and also standard of rider, wheras the pre 65 would only allow pre 65 british bikes and most riders had been with the club for donkeys years and were really good riders, i found it harder to relax being a novice which i think made the riding harder.

I'm on the Somerset / Devon border on the edge of Exmoor.

These are trials like the Lands End or Exeter but one day'ers. 70 - 100 miles with observed sections.

Never done one of those but have read a few reports on here over the months, i think the last one posted was the Lands End trial, it did look good fun and something i wouldnt mind having a go at at some stage.

Yes it was me that posted the photos. I think I'm going to try and do a couple of one day trials before the end of the year and then have a go at one of the MCC classics' (LE or Exeter) that are longer and run through the night. The Exeter is in January though!

Was out at the weekend.. 1954 Ariel 500 Thumper with sidecar...

Have to say it's the hardest thing in the world.. you go on a modern trials and its nearly easy.... on the classics ouch!!

Yes I compete in Pre-65 Trials is a great sport and the riders are sound and tend to have been around bikes for many years.

At my local club we cater for riders of all abilities mounted on various British machines most home built/modified (twins, singles 2 and 4 stroke).

Novice riders would tend to ride the Clubman route with an Intermediate route called 50/50 for improving riders and then there is an Expert Route.

Have a look at our website (poacherspre65trials.co.uk) on the links area you will find other clubs.

As most will know it's free to spectate so come along and have a look. To compete the entry fee at my club is £12.

attachment.php

Yes I did end up in a heap!

Its my plan to try a few on my 1150 GSA. Would happily team up as I struggle to pick the bike up on my own ;-)

Based in Reading

Will PM contact details, and will look at web for a suitable one to crack but Lands End is definitely on my radar.

Mike

Its my plan to try a few on my 1150 GSA. Would happily team up as I struggle to pick the bike up on my own ;-)

Based in Reading

Will PM contact details, and will look at web for a suitable one to crack but Lands End is definitely on my radar.

Mike

Cool.

My plan is to watch a couple next month when I get back from Spain and then get a licence sorted for the new year. I'll let you know when I'm going to have abash at one.

Trippy, there is a difference between classic trials and pre65 trials.

A lot, if not all the ' classic ' trials are long distance trials that require road legal vehicles., with short off road sections joined by tarmac liaisons. Pre65 trials which confusingly get called classic trials, are run on the same ground and same rules as normal feet-up motorcycle trials, but on old usually British bikes.

Hi Jim,
I will have the regs for the Neil Westcott trial in the shop next week.
It's on Nov 27th, pogo friendly only though!
It starts at Minehead and is usually about 70 miles.
Always a good day out, all sections marked in the traditional 10 - 1 way.
I will either be riding or observing, you are welcome to come round with us if I ride.

Hi Jim,
I will have the regs for the Neil Westcott trial in the shop next week.
It's on Nov 27th, pogo friendly only though!
It starts at Minehead and is usually about 70 miles.
Always a good day out, all sections marked in the traditional 10 - 1 way.
I will either be riding or observing, you are welcome to come round with us if I ride.

I'll pop down and see you Ian :thumb2

Trippy, there is a difference between classic trials and pre65 trials.

A lot, if not all the ' classic ' trials are long distance trials that require road legal vehicles., with short off road sections joined by tarmac liaisons.

Yeah its the 'classic trials' that I want to have a go at Keith.

The link above takes you to the ACTC website.

Went down to see Ian (Muz) today, turns out even my 600 maybe a bit big for some of the one dayers although would be fine for the MCC events and I have seen one or two GS's do them. Going to watch a couple and see just how tight they are.

Chap off this site on Blue Hills.

LandsEndTrial2011048.jpg

Lets get a team of big GS's on the Exeter trial....

Lets get a team of big GS's on the Exeter trial....

Edinburgh entries will be closed but the Exeter regs are out now,

Jan 6th + 7th (brrr) Entries close 16th Oct.

http://www.themotorcyclingclub.org.uk/about/downloads.htm

OK - Who's in.

I will be doing it and starting from Popham.

It would be great to have a few big GS's join me, maybe we can make a team.

That said any company would be welcome....

Check it out on YouTube, looks fun.

I think its unliikely I'll do the Exeter as the entry has to be in by Oct 16th and its all about cash at the moment. Off to Spain next week and have some big bills when I get back. I was also suprised at how the cost of doing a trial soon mounts up. £55 entry, MCC membership £31, Insurance £20, ACU Licence??, fuel, new tyres etc etc. It all mounts up pretty quickly and that one event would end up costing the best part of £250.

Back
Top Bottom