dumb screen question

jackassdave

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
on my rt ,with the screen fully raised ,if i dip my head down about two inches,when going along its fully silent , so ,if i get a screen with a 2 inch or so rise do you think that would translate to putting that air over my head when sitting upright , and would that make it silent .
or put it another way ,has any one got a raised screen and does it work

on my rt ,with the screen fully raised ,if i dip my head down about two inches,when going along its fully silent , so ,if i get a screen with a 2 inch or so rise do you think that would translate to putting that air over my head when sitting upright , and would that make it silent .
or put it another way ,has any one got a raised screen and does it work
Buy a ZTecknic V stream.
No noise whatsoever, at any speed when fully up.
I am one of those people who always looks through the screen, except when it is raining. I then lower it a little, and it is still totally silent. If lowered fully, noise returns to normal levels.
There are two heights: tall and bloody enormous. Unless you are the same size as Robert Pershing Wadlow (look him up) buy the small one.
Myke

I've got a Cee Baileys +2" from Woody's emporium in Wales. Its brilliant, totally silent at all speeds.

Mark

spoke to the company that supplies v tecknic today, they had one in stock a 17inch screen ,is this =the one most people go for , ill measure my screen to se what it is , they are £170 posted

Thread resurrection!!

Hi Dave,

So how are you liking the new screen?
Better than standard?
Why the Cee Baileys?

Might be needing one for mine,

Cheers :beerjug:

Stanley - Mate of mine has a Cee Baileys wrapped up in his garage that he's been threatening to sell for ages. Went on for one trip to France in 2007 and then he sold the bike. I'm pretty sure it's +2" and as new but can check if you're interested.:thumb2

Hi Stanley. I can't PM you because you don't have enough priviledges on the forum, but this is the screen: http://www.sportouring.com/gallery.php?sectionHeaderActive=200&rangeChoosen=219

It is clear, 2" taller and 2" wider. The only picture I have of it (below) is from our French trip in 2008. The screen was purchased new for the trip in July 2008 and only used the once because my mate decided he preferred a Harley and promptly sold the RT when we got back!

At the time he paid about £220.00 but he's happy to sell it for £100 plus the postage.

Attachments

• SNC14303.jpg
    SNC14303.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 125
Opps! Have I broken the rules?!:blast

If so, can I encourage you to cough up the subscription Stanley? It's the best £12.00 I've ever spent and I've saved £,00's over the years and mainly on non-bike specific kit. Cameras, helmets, gloves, jackets to name but a few.

Opps! Have I broken the rules?!:blast

If so, can I encourage you to cough up the subscription Stanley? It's the best £12.00 I've ever spent and I've saved £,00's over the years and mainly on non-bike specific kit. Cameras, helmets, gloves, jackets to name but a few.

Dunno Andy, but seeing as the for sale section is avaliable to subscribers only, folks who pay subs should benefit from reduced price stuff we all sell, not the bad tight folks in red.:thumb2 (aparts from our international folks who in my opinion should all be free anyway)
(thats me bedammned now:hide)

:thumb2
Fantastic- Yes please.
My email address is andypshaw@googlemail.com

I had been completely ignorant of the subscriber thing, but this is a great site and it's right to support it, so I'll do the subscriber thing now!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom