Excellent new section

Devon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
First post in the new section :beerjug:

A very subjective question!,
I personally dont think that you can set a particular date as I think everyone looks back on the bikes of their youth and class them as their classic, I also think its just about everyone enjoying the older bikes which they lusted after or cherished as a youth but maybe could not afford.

Just my 2p as they say.

A very subjective question!,
I personally dont think that you can set a particular date as I think everyone looks back on the bikes of their youth and class them as their classic, I also think its just about everyone enjoying the older bikes which they lusted after or cherished as a youth but maybe could not afford.

Just my 2p as they say.

I think that sums it up nicely. Defining what is a 'Classic' is going to be contentious as MikeP pointed out in another thread. A lot of 80s jap stuff like Gpz900s, FJ Yams CX500s early Blades etc I regard as emerging Classics but to other people they are already Classic. I would class the early Bloor Triumphs as emerging Classics as well.

Early 90s so out of what most people class as a classic but the beginning of Ducatis dominance in World Super Bikes and the one that Started Foggys Career.
Plus IMHO its nicer to ride than the first 916's much more hardcore with an engine more like a 2 stroke.

Attachments

• 888.jpg
    888.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 401
A Honda XR500 or an SWM RSGS370 are classics to me...... but that's me. Other's 'classics' will be different classics.
Great to see the new section, and I'll be watching it as I like the older iron.:beerjug:

A Honda XR500 or an SWM RSGS440 are classics to me...... but that's me. Other's 'classics' will be different classics.
Great to see the new section, and I'll be watching it as I like the older iron.:beerjug:

Indeed does anyone own a Triumph Hurricane on here.

If it isn't 40 years old, it's just an old bike that some people rave about.

There, that's that settled:rolleyes:

i thought triumph hurricanes looked great when they were new.

i think they look like the dog's dinner they really are now :(

...and that one above...they've even ruined the paint :rolleyes:

i thought triumph hurricanes looked great when they were new.

They did but then you probably thought you looked great wearing enormous flares and a purple shirt with collars that were so sharp you could have cut your finger on them :D

They really stood out at the time, unfortunately some designs just don't stand the test of time.

hurricane05032401.jpg

Yep! Craig Vetter design. Hold just over 2 gallons of fuel in that tank so about as much use as a chocolate fireguard (since everybody seems to be vanning it to bike does I don't suppose it matters)

Yep! Craig Vetter design. Hold just over 2 gallons of fuel in that tank so about as much use as a chocolate fireguard...

Just like the HD Sportsters of the time - not enough fuel capacity to actually get anywhere :blast

Well, maybe home from the Bar where you've just picked up a gorgeous babe (biker fantasy number 101 :D).

Just like the HD Sportsters of the time - not enough fuel capacity to actually get anywhere :blast

Well, maybe home from the Bar where you've just picked up a gorgeous babe (biker fantasy number 101 :D).

You needed a Norton to really impress the chicks...at least they wouldn't fall off the back.

opinion07060804.jpg

Back
Top Bottom