Pett near Hastings, today's trial.

Grizz

EXCITED MEMBER...!!!!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Jon "Lebowski, Pete and I went down to Pett today to ride a trial that had been set up by Bexleyheath & Distric MCC.

We left Maidstone at 8.30 and got there by 10.00 , backroads and lanes most of the way.

We signed up etc.....

Then all had a sniff around a brand new OSSA , pics below.

Looks like they have really tried to evolve the bike, tank is cast ally and hangs from the front of the radiator. Engine head is canted rearward. The swing arm is a piece of art. Being fuel injected made me grin...... technology amazes me.

Yours for a mere £5500.00

P1010984.jpg

P1010986.jpg

Back to the riding, we did two loops of the 10 sections.

They were really well laid out and challenging on all the levels, I found a few gates to be just too tight for me, even on the yellows, and later I rode some of the red sections and cleared them, so a lovely varied set of sections.

After all the formal riding Jon, Pete and I started riding randomly and just "freestyled, including a few forrays up and down the stream, which to me was good as I do not particularly like rock and wet ones are even worse most of the time, so at least I got in a bit of practice.

I had planned on taking some photos today, but typically not many were done, as riding took up most of our time.

Here are a few pics taken at one of the red stream and bank sections.

I got more air than the pics show, but Pete and Jon hit the ball clean out the stadium. My battery for some reason, even though charged last night, was playing up too.

Psyching myself up to go into the stream after being bullied into it by the guys.

P1010991.jpg

P1010995.jpg

P1010996.jpg

Jon "Lebowski" being his usual hooligan self.

P1020005.jpg

P1020012.jpg

P1010999.jpg

Pete then showed us how it should be done.
His bike skills often makes my jaw drop.

P1020016.jpg

And this is how you should exit a snotty clay riverbank section.

P1020013.jpg

All in another great day out.

This has to be the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Trials riding really is addictive.

The Ossa's are gorgeous aren't they! Had a drool over a couple at Pennine Trailsport a few months ago.
Looks like a good day!
Mark

The Ossa's are gorgeous aren't they! Had a drool over a couple at Pennine Trailsport a few months ago.
Looks like a good day!
Mark

It was indeed a great day out, as always on a trials bike.

Best part of it was a text I got from Jon this morning saying they could hardly move by the time they got home last night :D:D:D

My knees and shins were a bit tender too, from all the river bed Rock and Rolling.

Back
Top Bottom