A favour to ask of a 1200GS owner

Russ

Would someone who already owns a 1200GS be so kind as to take a picture of the front of their GS, looking through the windscreen and the layout of the bars behind the clocks.

I need to plan how i'm going to mount my IPAQ for navigation, it seems more sensible than using the bars.

Please e-mail them to me (russvfr@hotmail.com)

Thankyou :)

If you find navigating NLS website a chore, we've got most of the same pix here: http://www.bmwridersscotland.com/GalleryOne.htm

Also a high level GPS mounting solution for the 1200GS can be seen here:

www.bmwridersscotland.com/Merchandise.htm

It shows only one version but we actually do another one now which is longer/taller and allows full screen adjustment...I'll be posting pix of it shortly, but can e-mail directly to you, if interested....

Cheers

Dutch

Please do!

I did look at that solution on the Scottish website, but it didn't indicate whether it could be adapted/used for Ipaq based GPS systems given their different dimensions.

Chinese water torture

If you find navigating NLS website a chore, try waiting for the Scottish site to load.

Re: Chinese water torture

Chrysostom said:
If you find navigating NLS website a chore, try waiting for the Scottish site to load.

I don't have a problem.......2mb broadband probably helps........:D

Funny, nobody else has mentioned problems & even my son's steam driven laptop seems to cope........:confused:

Re: Chinese water torture

Chrysostom said:

No problems here, but the orange on black text for the message board is a real pain in the eyeball. Too much tartan in the whisky.

Funny, nobody else has mentioned problems

Too tempting not to reply. :D

I did find it took quite a while to load. Slow enough to be mildly irritating; not enough to be a problem though. ISDN 128kb

Paul

re: Chinese water torture

Dutchman wrote:

I don't have a problem...

Well, it's your site, innit? The only downside is you've lost one potential customer ...

jonboy said:

It (nearly) all Greek to me :D:D

Thanks to everyone who has responded and Dutchman for your e-mail :)

Think i may have to wing it a little, might use my current ram mount and use the 'bar work' behind the screen as a mounting point, seems like a brilliant place for it!

I presume the screen comes off quite easily in order to access the rear of the clocks?

Back
Top Bottom